LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis -Halloween- (10/29/2017 or 29/10/2017 better yet October 29, 2017)

CGTLH

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Scopes were great!  Thanks for those!

If I didn't mention it 50 times during the scopes... A cruise over Halloween is something to experience once. I jokingly said it before, Halloween 2019 for a GC.

Would do one in 2018 but the Symphony GC cuts it way too close.

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

If I didn't mention it 50 times during the scopes... A cruise over Halloween is something to experience once. I jokingly said it before, Halloween 2019 for a GC.

Would do one in 2018 but the Symphony GC cuts it way too close.

I've done Halloween twice on another line and it paled in comparison to Oasis in your scopes.  Loved your costume!  What a hoot.  Great idea!

Maybe one day a GC.  Tough for @Matt with kids in school though.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've done Halloween twice on another line and it paled in comparison to Oasis in your scopes.  Loved your costume!  What a hoot.  Great idea!

Maybe one day a GC.  Tough for @Matt with kids in school though.  

First time was Enchantment in 2015, second was Freedom 2016, then this year.

Think the dynamics of a big ship is what made it a blast. The costume was something I had in mind after Freedom if I ever did an Oasis class. Just figured it would be fitting. Some or the orignal thoughts was roaming Central Park during the day and "sleeping" on the benches... maybe next time to complete that thought.

Time for the recap of the the day,,,

Labadee, didn't notice any thing new per say other than the  waiting area for Barefoot Beach as previously shown. Spent maybe 3 or 4 hours on Labadee. Came back to the ship around 1pm. 
Busted out the laptop/tablet to provide some pictures from the "big camera". Spent some quality time in the Champagne Bar. Headed up to the Suite Lounge then some WJ recon. Not formal dinner, just some snacks from the Suite Lounge then around 12am room service. Around 7pm a group of fiolks did a pub crawl. Wound up while in costume roaming the Promenade prior to the parade for the costume contest. After the parade headed back to the Champagne Bar until they closed up (12:30).

Other than that, not really much I can report. Ask away if you have any questions. Note, no Wipeout or WJ for breakfast this morning. Lunch was on Barefoot Beach,

Only other thing I can think of is the hot featured item to today at Sorrentos was a meatball hero. Any other questions, ask away.

-Nite all!

Unless it was done later in the evening or lunch only. I didn't see any "over and above" food artistry. Only thing would have a large carving display outside of Windjammer.

20171101094240-8f6c4df6-me.jpg

The other thing, I completely forgot to see if Central Park had any decoratons.

37 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Unless it was done later in the evening or lunch only. I didn't see any "over and above" food artistry. Only thing would have a large carving display outside of Windjammer.

20171101094240-8f6c4df6-me.jpg

The other thing, I completely forgot to see if Central Park had any decoratons.

Well, you'll just have to go back next year and check it out. I would gladly do it, but, I commitment already.:27_sunglasses:

38 minutes ago, Floski said:

This is a really enjoyable follow-along!

Unfortunately, being a lowly and humble gold member, I won't be able to experience a lot of what you are!  

Keep having fun!!

Will do! Plus status doesn't make the experience. You make the experience.

Only thing status helps with is more of a proxy thing. Being able to say "Been there, done that". Not feeling like you must cram everything possible in a week.

32 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Hot sandwich of the day in Sorrentos is a tuna melt.

Mmmm, love a good tuna melt. I don't suppose you noticed if the tuna was just diner-level fish-and-heavy-mayo-only, or if it was REAL tuna salad with mayo, celery, chopped red onion, relish, and/or...?

35 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Mmmm, love a good tuna melt. I don't suppose you noticed if the tuna was just diner-level fish-and-heavy-mayo-only, or if it was REAL tuna salad with mayo, celery, chopped red onion, relish, and/or...?

Tuna melt dissection...

20171102_151117_crop_453x453.jpg

20171102_151136_crop_453x453.jpg

20171102_151151_crop_671x518.jpg

Overall it wasn't bad, touch fishy from canned tuna. Has a lingeing taste of I want to say celery or bell pepper. Don't notice much in the way of onion.

22 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

Tuna melt dissection...

Incredible - near instant remote feedback from a request a thousand miles away.

How does it taste while floating in a pool? :1_grinning:

Just now, JLMoran said:

Wow! I was not expecting a real-time reply to that! I hope you had already ordered that and didn't just get one on my account!! :51_scream:

They are premade, so it was just a matter of asking. Just happened to be near by so...

This recap will cover for the most part yesterday and today...

Wednesday
In Falmouth got off the ship and explored once again the port complex area. From what I recall nothing has really changed. Disney Fantasy was in port with us.]
Any signs of Halloween were gone, exception being Guest Services. Saw the Headliner show, "The Dangerous Comedy of Wilde and James". Also noticed an Oktoberfest event going on at the Pub with games and a small food spread. Dinner was at Chops as a complementary meal for booking with a "Major Warehouse Club". For the complementary meal a bill of $0 was presented once again.
Rest of the night/early morning was hanging out with folks that I'm met.

Thursday
Another perk of booking with the "Major Warehouse Club" was a cupcake decorating class, was held at 3:30. One bonus given was a cookbook.
This was the second formal night, dined in Coastal Kitchen. CK was fairly empty the entire time at dinner. Tonight the 70's night event was held. Other than that, not much more to report for either day.

I'll be more than happy to fill in any blanks.

--Nite all