LIVEish, 7 Days on Oasis -Halloween- (10/29/2017 or 29/10/2017 better yet October 29, 2017)

CGTLH

Sorry to say... I'm back again ready to provide another quality LIVEish!

This time around I'll be on the Oasis of the Seas for Halloween.

For those that want to get an idea of what I'll be posting look back at my last journey on board

Also, keep an eye on Twitter/Periscope for any material not posted here.
Twitter/Periscope: @CGTLH

14 minutes ago, Neaxan said:

Following. Hope you'll share how the halloween celebrations are on the ship, do many people wear costumes? Symphony's TA will include Halloween and I have no idea what to expect. Enjoy your cruise!

Will definitely share about the festivities. My only thought is if Symphony will truly be able to decorate. Not sure if they would local stuff or have stuff shipped to them from the US.

All checked in waiting to board.

FYI: Just talked to the agent guarding the "lounge" All suites (Including JR -Sea class is still covered-), Pinnacle, and Diamond Plus are allowed in the "lounge" area.
The lounge area has beverages (coffee, juice, and water) and some snacks like cookies and pound cake.

Diamonds have their own holding pen.

For those that want to buy Voom on board, here are the costs. Price is formated as followed: Surf/Surf+Stream

One day: $19.99/$27.99

Full/Remaining of voyage pricing (per day, based on each device)

1 device: $12.99/$17.99

2 devices: $11.99/$15.99

4 devices: $9.99/$13.99

Some what of a recap for the day.

Left the hotel around 9:45, was check-in by 10:05. Traffic for the bus drop off area was near zero.

Waited in the VIP lounge area, open to all suites (Including JR Suites) and Diamond Plus and above. Diamonds have a holding area as well.

Boarding started around 10:53, I was up and trying to enter the Suite Lounge by 11.
While waiting for the rooms to open did some exploration and trying to see what crew members were still onboard since January.

Rooms opened at 1, headed up around 1:15. Did some more roaming and drink enjoyment. Found out about the new 18% gratuity addition for Specality Restaurants (Online booking are not charged anything extra, so I was told). Muster at 4, shut down started at 3:30. Enjoyed "Wash Your Hands" and "Operation Little Bear" while sitting in either the sun or shade dealing with a wind chill factor. (Muster station was in the Aqua Theater).

After the drill, came back to the room. Headed back out to hunt down one final crew member. Had some nibbles in the Suite Lounge then dinner in Coastal Kitchen at 6:30. After that did some Windjammer recon and grabbed a few things for a night time snack.

After dropping the snacks off, back out roaming. Then was just roaming and enjoying a few beverages. Finally, pecking out this post on my phone.

-Nite all!

32 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

On our way to Merritt Island yesterday I saw Oasis as we were at the top of the bridge...thought of you, with a little envy.

How's the weather?  Thinking of heading out on Oasis next Nov.

Weather has been fine so far. Maybe a little motion last night, nothing too bad.

54 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

CK Dinner Menu and nightly WJ recon

I have always wondered if the CK dinner menu remains the same on all the ships that have CK. So far your last two nights are the same as it was on Harmony. Thanks for posting those. And kind of embarrassed to admit that after all the RC cruises I've taken I have never made it to the WJ for dinner. After seeing your pics I will definitely have to do WJ recon next cruise. Those desserts look so yummy ? 

23 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I have always wondered if the CK dinner menu remains the same on all the ships that have CK. So far your last two nights are the same as it was on Harmony. Thanks for posting those. And kind of embarrassed to admit that after all the RC cruises I've taken I have never made it to the WJ for dinner. After seeing your pics I will definitely have to do WJ recon next cruise. Those desserts look so yummy ? 

Don't be embarrassed, WJ is one if those places overlooked by many. I may not eat there, but I like to look. Heck, I've been stopping by after dinner just to see what I've missed. Good example, tonight they had duck in WJ. Just one of those random things I find unique.

Time for a daily, and it isn't much of one...

After waking up, headed over to Wipeout Cafe. Completely void of anyone, had the standard basics and offered made to order eggs. The ready to go scrambled eggs looked to be fresh eggs, not a liquid egg product.

Afterwards headed of to Windjammer for recon. One interesting thing was they had an area called the kosher corner. Essentially it had smoked salmon, hummus, bagels, and fixings. Also on this side the had precooked and constantly refreshed fried eggs.

Top tier party followed the recon mission. Then met up for the slot pull. 83 participants putting in $15. Walked away with $12.

After the slot pull, just hung out at the Champagne Bar until I had to get ready for dinner. 
Dinner was at CP150, meal was a big box store TA comp. Bill was $0, no extra gratuity was added (still left something). Note: Had originally planned on doing Diamond Plus BOGO and reserved/paid for one in advance. The way they were going to handle it was refund the $45 for buying in advance and charge the cover charge and BOGO that. That was when I found out about the new 18% gratuity and they were going to charge it. Some pecking away occured and that was when they said we had a TA comp that could be used.

After dinner, Windjammer recon and grabbed something for a night time nibble. Short nap then headed to the 10:30 comedy show. The show was a very classic case of audience dynamics. For the most part it became pick on this one guy.

After that, back to the Champagne Bar and watched them start to put up decorations for Halloween. Once the bar closed up at 12:30, just kept roaming around the Promenade looking at the decorations that had been setup and marveled at the setup for the balloon drop.

Only other observation: Sorrentos is offering garlic bread in addition to the pizza. Also had another oven baked item. Yesterday is was a open face baked veggie sandwich and today it was stromboli.

Other than that, not much more I'm willing to discuss.

-Nite all