Windjammer on Allure of the Seas

JBCruiseMan

Hello All,

I will be on Allure of the Seas in February and I am very excited. I am calling it the Superbowl Cruise since it is during the Superbowl! Anyhow, for those of you who have been on Allure before, can you tell me how the food at the Windjammer is onboard? I have heard that the Windjammer on Allure is not that good. I cruised on Vision of the Seas this past May and I thought the Windjammer was pretty good... Hit and miss but overall good. Also, what speciality restaurants are not to be missed? We stuck to the main dining room and Windjammer on Vision and would like to branch out more this time. Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

I will be on Allure of the Seas in February and I am very excited. I am calling it the Superbowl Cruise since it is during the Superbowl! Anyhow, for those of you who have been on Allure before, can you tell me how the food at the Windjammer is onboard? I have heard that the Windjammer on Allure is not that good. I cruised on Vision of the Seas this past May and I thought the Windjammer was pretty good... Hit and miss but overall good. Also, what speciality restaurants are not to be missed? We stuck to the main dining room and Windjammer on Vision and would like to branch out more this time. Thanks in advance!

This won't necessarily help you with your question but I have sailed the Allure twice and never eaten in the WJ, which is our normal spot for breakfast and lunch on any cruise. There are so many choices on board and the WJ was always crowded when we were looking for food. My personal favorite spots for breakfast and lunch were the Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistro.  Solarium Bistro has great healthy options. It is my daughters favorite place to eat.

One great feature on the Allure & Oasis, that has also been expanded onto other ships, is the ability to view the crowd levels for all the available dining options on the ship.  This can be done via your stateroom TV or on one of the wayfinding TV's near the elevator lobbies.

I've always LOVED the Windjammer's food in general. I think they do international foods really well.  

You should also keep in mind that food is such a subjective topic because everyone likes different foods.

My only complaint about the Windjammer is the breakfast spread is the same every day.  But their lunch and dinner offerings do change daily and again, I think it's pretty good food overall.

Like WhiteSoxFan I prefer the Park Café on the Allure and Oasis for breakfast - but the Windjammer I think is

good - I went in August and it does have lots of different options which I enjoy also - the Bistro in the Solarium

is also very good like he said - I do move around for meals and order room service too on ships a lot for

breakfast just to try it out.

On Allure? I thought they didn't have omelette stations in Windjammer on Oasis or Allure due to the proportionally smaller size of that venue on those ships.

I know that I've had made-to-order omelettes in the Wipeout Café on Allure. It's often less busy up there and has a decent enough selection of hot and cold breakfast items to satisfy me.