Ocean View Balcony vs Spacious Ocean View Balcony

mworkman

OK, the "spacious" rooms must be longer and not any wider. The section about the beds notes that the regular room has a single sofa bed or a pullman and sleeps 3, where the "spacious" one has a double sofa bed and sleeps up to 4.

My takeaway after reading that is that the "spacious" room is just marketing speak to families with kids, telling them they can get parents and two kids in one room. If you're traveling as a couple, better in my view to get the regular room with the bigger balcony.

From my experience, mostly on the Radiance class ships, the larger balcony cabins aren't noticeably larger. They are a little bit wider. However, they are NECESSARY if you are using the sleeper sofa. On the regular sized balcony, it is impossible to get around the sofa bed when it is extended as it extends all the way to the desk. With the larger balcony cabin, there's still a little room at the foot of the bed to get by.