Drink Package for a Day - Is it possible?

gamarcilio

Hello beautiful people,

I will be going on a 9 night Grandeur OTS cruise in January and would like to know if it is possible to have the unlimited alcohol package for just a day. That would be perfect for me, because i do not drink too much but would like to try different drinks and not be drunk for the whole duration of my cruise. Anyone was able to get a one day package? I know about the drink cards, but they are not appealing to me.

Thank you

A lot of these cruises do offer a 10 drink card during the cruise (usually about halfway through the cruise).  I got one on our last cruise and it ended up being $93.00 with the gratuities added to it (I think it was listed at $75.00 + 18% gratuities.)  That would definitely be good for one happy day!

(I saw on another board where a lady was doing a live trip review on a ship...forget which one....and she said the drink cards are actually offered for the entire cruise, but only advertised about halfway through.  She said that she went to a bartender on the first day and requested one and was able to purchase.   Has anybody else ever seen/heard of this?  Would be nice if it were true.)

(EDIT - sorry...just saw your comment about the drink card...but leaving this post in case somebody can answer the question at the end.)

Edited by Buzzard05

Not a big drink package person so it is possible I am out of date but as far as I know the 2 key rules are:

1  -Must purchase the package for the rest of the cruise , IE once you buy it you cant turn it off again.

2 - Must purchase for at least 4 days (although clearly with 3 day cruises there are some exceptions).

So, assuming you are asking about being able to turn it on for a day in the middle of the cruise and then turn it off again you would run afoul of rule 1, unless you were to try activating it just for the last day of the cruise in which case rule 2 would come into effect.

Not to say that, if alcohol sales have been poor on the cruise, you might not find a bar manager that would be willing to sell it to you for just the last day of the cruise but I definitely wouldn't count on it and not sure that trying out all the drinks on the last day of the cruise would be a lot of fun either ... although it probably would help with the drink fatigue issue ;)

The best you can hope for is that they offer the drink card (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/06/23/spotlight-drink-cards-royal-caribbean-cruises) and/or look for drink specials like a happy hour offering in Sabor or Rita's Cantina. Note that the drink card is not typically offered until the 4th day of your sailing if it is even offered; sometimes it's not. And as @toodle68 stated, you can buy it later into your sailing, but there must be a minimum of four days remaining and the onboard price will likely be more expensive than the discounted prepurchase price.

Remember that the drink package includes specialty coffee, tea, sodas, bottled water, energy drinks, virgin cocktails, etc. So it still may be a good value even if you just want a couple of alcoholic drinks per day if you'll maximize the use of the rest. Alternatively, you could look at the Replenish Package which is essentially the same but without alcohol and much cheaper.