My Time Dining/Anthem of The Seas

chrisd596

We want to book a specific time, say My Time Dining at 7pm for a table for 6. 

I guess I thought you could call RC and just reserve that time, even if it's a year away, so of like when we first sailed RC, we booked 815 dining and it was set from the beginning.

But RC reps tell me it has to be done online, when the window opens up.

So it's starting to remind of how difficult it is to book even the Northstar. You have to keep checking back to see if it opens.

That's a tough way to reserve things.

Is it difficult reserving a time like 7pm w/ 6 people...?

Like I mentioned we tried to book the Northstar and I checked back frequently, but when I did catch the "window" open up on Northstar, I was shocked, it was too late. I was told to book onboard.

Personally, I'd like to take care of everything and not have to wait in lines onboard the first day, instead of just enjoying the ship.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Window for MTD opens up at about 180 days. Booking a table for 6 won't be a problem...have done MTD with my family of 6 and never had a problem on 4 cruises.  When I booked my Harmony MTD for 7, there was a window where I couldn't book between 6:15 -7 maybe 7:15?...sorry I don't remember the end time of that window.  I was hoping for 6:30 reservations and was ok with 6:15.  

1 hour ago, BrianAlt said:

7 PM could be difficult.  Generally they encourage a little earlier or a little later.  So you should try to grab it when it first opens.  

I agree. At 7 pm, you will be considered the 2nd seating for that table. I'm not sure how much time they allow per seating and turn around but 7 might be tough...7:30 might be easier and hopefully whoever sits at your table first doesn't linger after dessert.  My Harmony cruise in March, available times for 6 are 5:30 to 6:15 and then 7:30 and later.  There are no times available between 6:15-7:30 because they know the dining room will be full from the first seating.  Generally speaking the dining room is full by 6:15/6:30 for first seating and then you just need to wait for tables to clear which should be anywhere between 7 to 7:30. Just keep checking around 180 days but there are plenty of tables for 6. You could take a reservation at 7:30 and show up at 7:15 and hope your table is ready by then. MTD is great but just be realistic about how MTD works and plan accordingly.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, melski94 said:

I agree. At 7 pm, you will be considered the 2nd seating for that table. I'm not sure how much time they allow per seating and turn around but 7 might be tough...7:30 might be easier and hopefully whoever sits at your table first doesn't linger after dessert.  My Harmony cruise in March, available times for 6 are 5:30 to 6:15 and then 7:30 and later.  There are no times available between 6:15-7:30 because they know the dining room will be full from the first seating.  Generally speaking the dining room is full by 6:15/6:30 for first seating and then you just need to wait for tables to clear which should be anywhere between 7 to 7:30. Just keep checking around 180 days but there are plenty of tables for 6. You could take a reservation at 7:30 and show up at 7:15 and hope your table is ready by then. MTD is great but just be realistic about how MTD works and plan accordingly.

I noticed the same thing for MTD for Harmony and Anthem.  I was able to catch dining when it first opened up for both cruises and the times between 6:15-7:30pm were unavailable right from the start.

20 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I noticed the same thing for MTD for Harmony and Anthem.  I was able to catch dining when it first opened up for both cruises and the times between 6:15-7:30pm were unavailable right from the start.

That's been my experience, too, largely because those who go early are still finishing up during that window. In addition, 7-8 send to be the big rush from those without reservations. 

23 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That's one thing that is nice about the Windjammer, you don't need a dinner reservation as it's pretty much MTD  all the time. :27_sunglasses:

• 1 year later...

I will be sailing on Anthem on the 4th July 19 which is the actual date of my 60th birthday! I have successfully booked a table for 8 in the main dining area for the first 2 nights.  This will be my first sailing on Royal Caribbean. Should I  make reservations for every single night on the cruise in advanc? . Has anyone tried any other complimentary restaurant? Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Pattygee said:

Should I  make reservations for every single night on the cruise in advanc?

Yes, you probably should, trying to get a table for 8 every night with no reservation might be difficult.

The specialty restaurants are all very good, but they cost extra unless you purchased in advance (Still an extra charge, just paid in advance instead of on the cruise).

51 minutes ago, JRA said:

So Im on the schedule for dining . I cant find the Main dining room to select it on the first day out .

Is the Solarium Bistro the MDR ???

No, it is another alternative restaurant.  If you look at the deck plans you'll see the MDR aft, and multilevel.  They give each floor a name.  On the Oasis class ships they decks 3-5.  On the Anthem it looks like Deck 3 and 4.  You can view deck plans online, and on the RCI app if it is available for your ship.

6 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

No, it is another alternative restaurant.  If you look at the deck plans you'll see the MDR aft, and multilevel.  They give each floor a name.  On the Oasis class ships they decks 3-5.  On the Anthem it looks like Deck 3 and 4.  You can view deck plans online, and on the RCI app if it is available for your ship.

Wonder why its not showing me this on the calender ???I've search for MDR with no luck

10 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

@JRA

Here is the link to Anthem deck plans.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/anthem-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1876/03

You can change the deck you are viewing by using the pull down menu on the upper right arrow.

MDR is not really the official room name, maybe Silk or Grande would show up.

I called the phone #  I found on the my cruise planner page . I was told  our time was set at 5:30 pm for the MDR . I'm not sure if my travel agent set this up or what ?

Ive check my calendar today and it doesnt show anything on dining . Maybe ill call back .

2 hours ago, JRA said:

I called the phone #  I found on the my cruise planner page . I was told  our time was set at 5:30 pm for the MDR . I'm not sure if my travel agent set this up or what ?

Ive check my calendar today and it doesnt show anything on dining . Maybe ill call back .

That sounds like your TA set you up for early dining. You don't have to make reservations for the dining room. You will eat at the same table at 530 every evening.  If you would like this changed check with you TA about switching you to My Time Dining.  It may not be available any longer for your cruise to make the change before you sail. If that's the case you can go to the dining room when you first get onboard and see if they're able to change you then.