12/02 Harmony Itinerary

Thanks to Matt for the update from Royal Caribbean concerning the itineraries.

The Eastern Caribbean Harmony itinerary on Dec 2 was scheduled to call on St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. Based on the new information, St. Maarten will not yet be called on.

What do you think could be a replacement for this port? The sailing is almost identical to the other Eastern Caribbean sailings on Harmony, i.e. just that St. Thomas replaces St. Maarten.

Would it be fair to conclude that the new itinerary for the Dec 2 sailing would call on St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee, so they would just need to replace St. Maarten (will be called on later in December) by St. Thomas (already called on end of November). Of course depending on port slots, etc. But the times in the port are almost identical...

What do you think? 

Thanks in advance

47 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@BrianAlt, I might not be remembering rightly, but I don't recall that St. Kitts has a port capable of handling an Oasis Class ship. I think Freedom class is as big as they can safely dock. Could an Oasis Class ship safely anchor outside the port and tender people in?

We stopped there on the Allure last year.

I'm sailing on Anthem 12/2 and so far, only St Maarten has been changed to St Thomas.  San Juan is still on the itinerary.  I'm really looking forward to St Thomas as I have some history there.

I'm hoping San Juan doesn't get dropped if for no other reason then to get there and spend some money.  I know local residents have been hit hard and the loss of tourism is almost as devastating as the hurricane was.  They still have bills to pay like the rest of us and income from a tourism related job helps to give them hope and a sense of purpose.  

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm hoping San Juan doesn't get dropped if for no other reason then to get there and spend some money.  I know local residents have been hit hard and the loss of tourism is almost as devastating as the hurricane was.  They still have bills to pay like the rest of us and income from a tourism related job helps to give them hope and a sense of purpose.  

We're spending a couple days there before our cruise at the end of February - looking forward to being able to spend some money there as well.