What are your favorite things to do on a RC cruise?

ABFrenchie

I'm putting together my cruise "bucket list" - a list of everything I want to make sure I eat, drink, see and do while aboard the Harmony in a few weeks.  I have the usual suspects down like seeing shows and specialty dining.  I've been lurking on this site (and the dining Facebook page) for a few months now and have discovered a few blog favorites. I must try the kummelweck sandwich and the 150 CP cucumber martini! 

What else should I add to my list? What are your favorite things to eat, drink, see and do on a RC cruise?

51 minutes ago, ABFrenchie said:

I'm putting together my cruise "bucket list" - a list of everything I want to make sure I eat, drink, see and do while aboard the Harmony in a few weeks.  I have the usual suspects down like seeing shows and specialty dining.  I've been lurking on this site (and the dining Facebook page) for a few months now and have discovered a few blog favorites. I must try the kummelweck sandwich and the 150 CP cucumber martini! 

What else should I add to my list? What are your favorite things to eat, drink, see and do on a RC cruise?

One of the best things I did a few weeks ago, on our very first cruise, was to relax. It isn't a normal thing for me to do. Try to enjoy just "being." 

2 hours ago, ABFrenchie said:

All fantastic ideas. I like a lot of activity and to stay busy! I hadn't heard of the Love and Marriage show but I'll definitely check it out. I want to feel like I got every dollar's worth out of this cruise ?

Then you MUST do "The Quest". Don't ask. Just go. Don't bring the kids. It will usually pop up in the cruise compass around Day 6. ?

11 hours ago, ABFrenchie said:

You should definitely do the Puzzle Break Room located on the 14th deck forward.  You will need to reserve your space early as it has a tendency to book rapidly.  This is an hour of fun and will tap into your brain to try to find your way out of the room before time runs out.  

5 hours ago, ABFrenchie said:

All fantastic ideas. I like a lot of activity and to stay busy! I hadn't heard of the Love and Marriage show but I'll definitely check it out. I want to feel like I got every dollar's worth out of this cruise ?

I really understand the feeling about try to get every dollars worth, but in the hustle and bustle to do and see everything, you might miss the pleasure of just being. As someone who has come home from many a vacation, exhausted by the race to do and see everything, take this small piece of advice. Spend at least an hour everyday, doing nothing. Lay by the pool. Take a nap. Read a book. You will be more relaxed and enjoy your trip more. 

You are in control of your activities and pace, not the other way around. Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, FManke said:

I really understand the feeling about try to get every dollars worth, but in the hustle and bustle to do and see everything, you might miss the pleasure of just being. As someone who has come home from many a vacation, exhausted by the race to do and see everything, take this small piece of advice. Spend at least an hour everyday, doing nothing. Lay by the pool. Take a nap. Read a book. You will be more relaxed and enjoy your trip more. 

You are in control of your activities and pace, not the other way around. Have a great time!

Totally second this!!! Don't overdo it and don't put this expectation on you to always do something. Port days are busy enough on cruises, I'd try to kick back on sea days. Oh and the only thing we do as far as entertainment (we do'nt really like any of those shows) is Trivia - hubby is a big fan and it's very amusing - and it's not super late, which is good for us since we're usually pooped out after dinner :-)

1 hour ago, katjoe said:

Totally second this!!! Don't overdo it and don't put this expectation on you to always do something. Port days are busy enough on cruises, I'd try to kick back on sea days. Oh and the only thing we do as far as entertainment (we do'nt really like any of those shows) is Trivia - hubby is a big fan and it's very amusing - and it's not super late, which is good for us since we're usually pooped out after dinner :-)

This will be my first cruise so have no experience, but my plan is exactly as described above.  On sea days I may do a few things but for the most part I want to enjoy my time with my wife, lounge on the balcony, walk around the promenade.  Most of the shows look like they would be "o.k." but nothing I couldn't live without. 

Have a drink from the wipe-out bar while sailing away from port (any port). Its at the very back of the ship on one of the upper decks. Was kinda hard to find on Oasis but we found it and hung out there with friends during the sail away party from florida. No crowd and awesome view of wake trail and land fading away as we went out into the ocean. 

Scout out the windjammer before or after dinner. Sometime there are things that shouldn't be missed. 

See how many free champagnes you can drink at the captains reception on the royal promenade. 

See how many free champagnes you can drink at art auction. 

Find a bar and get to know the bartender and go there after getting dressed up for dinner every night. I really enjoy that time with my wife. 

Flowrider is fun, at least try the boogie board to experience it. 

Play a competitive round of mini golf in the evening once its not too hot. 

I could literally go on and on... have a great time! 

7 minutes ago, Jason.H. said:

Have a drink from the wipe-out bar while sailing away from port (any port). Its at the very back of the ship on one of the upper decks. Was kinda hard to find on Oasis but we found it and hung out there with friends during the sail away party from florida. No crowd and awesome view of wake trail and land fading away as we went out into the ocean. 

Scout out the windjammer before or after dinner. Sometime there are things that shouldn't be missed. 

See how many free champagnes you can drink at the captains reception on the royal promenade. 

Find a bar and get to know the bartender and go there after getting dressed up for dinner every night. I really enjoy that time with my wife. 

You had me at free champagne! Thanks all for the suggestions.  

We enjoy several things!

• Love and marriage show
  • Quest 
  • Relaxing in the solarium
  • Park Cafe kumelweck sammitch
  • Bingo
  • Sabor is absolutely amazing!!
  • Giovannis!

But that is a short list, there are quite a few more but one of the biggest is relaxing, and being pampered for a week rather than have to worry about work, the kids, whats for dinner, and cleaning and washing clothes, and dishes!! :4_joy:

19 hours ago, Jason.H. said:

We love the art auctions. You can also win door prizes. Just know that if you win art, they will charge a shipping fee of about $30. We did that, and have our art proudly displayed in the tube they shipped it in. The more free champagne you drink, the less the $30 fee seems!

• 2 months later...

I love to take my ipad, camp out in the Solarium and either read or watch a movie. Unfortunately...the Hubs thinks he has to do every event in the Cruise Compass. So he wants me to go with him. He's a freckled face red head so no pool dwelling for him.  Usually by lunchtime I feel pecked to death so I give in.... :12_slight_smile: