11/18 Harmony Itinerary

ABFrenchie

Royal's website hasn't addressed this sailing on its itinerary update page, but my travel agent emailed me today and said he was able to confirm no changes to the Eastern itinerary and we will visit San Juan, St. Thomas and Labadee as previously scheduled.

Does anyone have any insider info as to the condition of the San Juan and St Thomas ports and surrounding areas? Royal paints a pretty optimistic picture of their readiness for guests. 

Edited by ABFrenchie
Typo

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

Interesting! Guess my TA's source had it wrong - says Freedom will be the first ship back on 11/30. 

Yes I received the email for the updated 11/18 Harmony sailing. Nassau..... yuck. Oh well. Anyone know of an all inclusive w/ a beautiful beach and endlessly flowing drinks that is NOT the Atlantis? I am looking to change things up as it seems the only civilized place on that whole island is “paradise island”. I’ve heard others discuss all inclusives but just drawing a blank as to where. 

1 minute ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Yes I received the email for the updated 11/18 Harmony sailing. Nassau..... yuck. Oh well. Anyone know of an all inclusive w/ a beautiful beach and endlessly flowing drinks that is NOT the Atlantis? I am looking to change things up as it seems the only civilized place on that whole island is “paradise island”. I’ve heard others discuss all inclusives but just drawing a blank as to where. 

I would tell you but it appears you're a Florida State fan...Go Gators! 

Kidding. I don't know of any all inclusives. The cruise planner is showing just 2 excursions right now. Did Atlantis last time I was in Nassau. Will probably stay on the boat and get some activities in like rock climbing or a spa treatment.  Maybe walk over to Junkanoo beach to check it out.  

6 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

1 minute ago, ABFrenchie said:

I would tell you but it appears you're a Florida State fan...Go Gators! 

Kidding. I don't know of any all inclusives. The cruise planner is showing just 2 excursions right now. Did Atlantis last time I was in Nassau. Will probably stay on the boat and get some activities in like rock climbing or a spa treatment.  Maybe walk over to Junkanoo beach to check it out.  

If either of you are beer fans, I can recommend a stop by Pirate Republic (across the street from the port and down a couple blocks to the right!) for some really good craft beer and conch fritters. 

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

If either of you are beer fans, I can recommend a stop by Pirate Republic (across the street from the port and down a couple blocks to the right!) for some really good craft beer and conch fritters. 

100%. I’m thinking about getting a day pass to the Hilton Colonial ($79.00 pp/ with a $40 food beverage credit per person).!!!!

4 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

100%. I’m thinking about getting a day pass to the Hilton Colonial ($79.00 pp/ with a $40 food beverage credit per person).!!!!

1 minute ago, ellcee said:

Let me know how you like that...I'll keep it in mind for July.

I've heard really good things about it! The food & drink credit is nice, plus it's an easy walk from port!

17 minutes ago, ellcee said:

That's awesome!!! Everyone is so underwhelmed by Nassau - I'd like to get off the boat but don't want to be disappointed.

I actually kinda like Nassau - it seems like there are lots of little hidden gems that you just have to look for. I've also heard a lot of people really enjoying Baha Mar, John Watlings is worth a stop, and House of Greycliff is neat to see. Is it the most exciting port? No, but I like it just fine. 

57 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Good to hear! Thank you. It's the only port on my cruise I haven't been to and I'd like to think positively about it.

I don't have anything against Nassau. Any cruise port is a good cruise port in my book because it means I'm on vacation! I've just done the Atlantis gig before and Royal currently has just 2 excursions for my sailing for Nassau. In my book the ship itself is more interesting at this point but it could change depending on what Royal can come up with for excursions. 

17 hours ago, ellcee said:

Good to hear! Thank you. It's the only port on my cruise I haven't been to and I'd like to think positively about it.

I’m sure it will be exciting, especially since it’s your first time to Nassau. I have been at least 20 times (not necessarily by choice but as part of an itinerary) and it has just gotten stale. Hard to explain since I’ve been to the other islands just as much but for some reason it doesn’t jive w/ me. I find it similar to Jamaica where the locals are pushy and only looking for a tip (sometimes getting to the point where they are rude). I also have 2 very young children and wouldn’t dare take them into town. In my college days (pre-kids) my wife and I would walk the streets fearlessly and hit up every bar but things have changed. I will now leave the kids on the Harmony w/ my parents and take my wife to the Hilton for the day. Nothing wrong with the place but it just depends on your situation. IMHO- it’s a crazy mess of an island and you need to be very aware of your surroundings....