Great Deal Adventure of the Seas Nov 25th 2017 Sailing

Tplanav1

My girlfriend and I booked our first cruise together about 8-9 months ago to leave the Saturday after thanksgiving. Being new to our careers we went the frugal inside stateroom option for the cheapest possible trip we could, on a whim today I looked online and noticed a balcony room was only $50-100 more for us based on the deals and what I had remembered paying. Get home from work and decided to call customer service to surprise my girlfriend with a balcony when we got there, after about a 15 min convo with the customer service rep going over my reservation she goes I think you can upgrade for $4. I may have blown out her ear drums on the other end of the phone yelling Yes so loud. I go through the process and pay my new remaining $4 balance. Then to make sure I hadn’t had my liquor package effected and her calculation be wrong I go check my account after some time had past, turns out they also gave me $125 in onboard credit as part of the deal. I had figured I wasn’t going to get it and with a $4 upgrade cost I wasn’t going to push my luck. Now November 25th can’t get here fast enough! Just figured I’d share with everyone Incase they have a reservation sitting out there to possibly check.

Great deal you got!!!..pays to still watch.....although with the non-refundable system now its a little more tricky.

That being said...I was able to move my cruise 2 weeks earlier(same ship and ports) and save almost $500 and not have to put any extra down so I cant complain.

The Jewel of the Seas on April 8th is going for around $350 for the week with an inside cabin..and if you visit some booking sites you can get some OBC with it that lowers it to around $275/person.....now that's a deal!

15 hours ago, Tplanav1 said:

decided to call customer service to surprise my girlfriend with a balcony when we got there, after about a 15 min convo with the customer service rep going over my reservation she goes I think you can upgrade for $4. I may have blown out her ear drums on the other end of the phone yelling Yes so loud. I go through the process and pay my new remaining $4 balance.

The question is: did you overpay when you made the initial booking? Did you go from paying $200 pp to $204 pp or from $700 pp to $704 pp(per person). a little context would help us.