Toddler Care/Child Care

Geoff

Hi. I posted something similar on cruise critic, but also thought to speak to this great community as well.

I have a young child who will be 22 months old when we travel on Quantum Feb 2nd. I am wondering what people's experiences are like with the baby sitting and care services provided by RCCL either on Quantum or other ships?

We are nervous about child care particularly with private in room care. We are a bit more ok with larger group care in a more public setting. Do they do night time group care as well?

Any thoughts and details would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Geoff

Welcome Geoff.  We did the in-room babysitting on Jewel of the Seas on a few nights with two kids and it was fabulous.  

RC assigned us actually 2 crew members and the kids LOVED them.  Each time we came back to find the kids asleep and reports of a great time by all. 

You can read my blog post about the experience about half way down or so here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/09/23/jewel-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-3-st-martin

While I can't specifically speak to in-room childcare, I have had good experiences on several cruise lines since my son as 2 and this includes Disney, Holland America, Celebrity, and Carnival and this is coming from someone who use to work for Child Protective Services and has a sensitivity/concern about child maltreatment. While I wouldn't let my son run free on the ship without supervision, I've never had a concern with the childcare.

Geoff -

Welcome and I would not hesitate with in room care, I think I'd prefer that and they

heavily screen the child care givers on ships so I would be very confident in using

them and it gives you all a break!

Sorry I was not on the Quantum when child care was up and running but I'm sure

you can get some feedbacks showing up soon about this -

YOU WILL LOVE the ship - just a great way to vacation.