Harmony Bridge Tour

Wilson

A wise man named @Matt once said..."ask nicely, all they can say is no".

I recently took this advice while on the Harmony group cruise. As many of you know the Diamond Plus and Suite guests are invited on complimentary tours. As a Diamond member I have received a couple behind the scenes tours, but really wanted to do the Bridge Tour on Harmony. I visited the Loyalty Ambassador and explained that I was still 2 cruises away from D+, but was interested in the Bridge Tour if they had any cancellations. She explained that there was plenty of room for me to go since it fell on a port day.

The tour is only about 20 minutes, but I was very excited about visiting the bridge and especially on the World's largest cruise ship. There was lots of interesting facts shared by the officers. Here are just a couple things.

1. There are over 1400 cameras installed around the ship. Obviously none in the cabins or restrooms.

2. At Harmony's top speed of 25 knots, she can come to a complete stop in 1.4 miles.

The tour usually consist of 15-20 people, but there were only 6 in our party. They will not let you take video, but you are welcome to take as many still shots as you like. I going to attempt to attach a few pics taken from my phone.

I think this wise man also stated that another acceptable practice is to offer a piece of negotiable paper with a President's pic. LoLIMG_0069.thumb.JPG.5ec0d58dc4193ea55c84341c1ee373d9.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

3 hours ago, Cez said:

awesome post - thanks for sharing !

But what is presidential paper ?

1 hour ago, rjac said:

You have the same thing in Canada, only they're Prime Minister paper.:27_sunglasses:

Lol ? @rjac If we are all talking about the same thing then here in Canada they are mostly but not all prime ministers...if not, then I am lost too...

3 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Lol ? @rjac If we are all talking about the same thing then here in Canada they are mostly but not all prime ministers...if not, then I am lost too...

That's OK, what we have here is mostly presidents, plus a couple of founding fathers, one of whom was "a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean."

22 hours ago, JLMoran said:

That's OK, what we have here is mostly presidents, plus a couple of founding fathers, one of whom was "a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean."

who's musical is sold out for many months ahead  :)

• 2 weeks later...