Symphony Inagural

Sheltie

This is the e-mail I received:  It states the "new inaugural sailing on April 7.

It is also worth noting that if I wish to change my booking to another booking, I will not pay change fees, but I WILL HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE DIFFERENCE FOR THE CRUISE. (which is about GBP £300 more per person)

image.thumb.png.e0ad7db8a9238805d59c11678bd43734.png

Thanks Sailor_to_Cruiser, I knew the blog would give me the answer!

We had the same problem with Harmony, booking the Inaugural from Southampton to Barcelona then two extra cruises were added so we rebooked on them only to discover that the Inaugural was still the sailing to Barcelona.  We didn’t want the same thing to happen this time but it looks like we have been duped again as I don’t think I can change the travel arrangements to another date.

Interestingly the letter you posted is worded differently from the UK version as that implied that all three extra sailings are “dress rehearsals “ hence my original question.

Happy Cruising.

2 minutes ago, Sheltie said:

Thanks Sailor_to_Cruiser, I knew the blog would give me the answer!

We had the same problem with Harmony, booking the Inaugural from Southampton to Barcelona then two extra cruises were added so we rebooked on them only to discover that the Inaugural was still the sailing to Barcelona.  We didn’t want the same thing to happen this time but it looks like we have been duped again as I don’t think I can change the travel arrangements to another date.

Interestingly the letter you posted is worded differently from the UK version as that implied that all three extra sailings are “dress rehearsals “ hence my original question.

Happy Cruising.

I live in the UK.  I first got a letter explaining them adding the 3 additional sailings.  A couple days later, this one came in.  I do not know the difference. They both generally say the same thing.

One difference I noted was that the original letter said that I could change my sail date by only paying the difference in price, with no change fees.  This is not outlined clearly in the second letter (the one I posted).

You are correct in saying they both are generally the same but the UK letter does not state the Inaugural has changed to the 7th April and yes, I agree it says they will be no change fees.  

I’m sure one standard letter with all the facts would have been easier!