Sip, Tour & Save Issues

Cruising on Oasis November 19th and got the Sip, Tour and Save email. Went to go and look and not only had the Deluxe Drink & Voom Bundle gone UP from $62 to $68 as the "pre cruise deal", but now it's not even coming up.  Didn't know if the website issues were just me or if others were having issues too.

I logged in and saw the sale banner on my Cruise Planner... wait, what?

I actually have a sale showing on my cruise planner now!!!! GASP!!!!

Even more amazing, I have actual discounts showing vs. what I paid at original booking, for both Refreshment Package and our shore excursions:

• Refreshment Package dropped from $26 per person per night to $18, which is indeed the advertised 30% discount. ($84.52 savings after recalculated gratuities).
  • The Dragon's Breath zip line on Labadee went down from $104.75 per person to a more reasonable $83 each ($65.25 savings on 3 tix)
  • Dolphin push/pull/swim on St. Kitts went down from $149 pp to $134 ($60 saved on 4 tix)

So, just called up Royal, did a cancel and rebook of all of the above, and bought Refreshment Packages for the girls. The two new refreshment packages were $339.84 total, so after my total rebook savings of $209.77, I'm only out of pocket for an additional $130.07.

Can't beat that with a stick!!

@ekaiser0328, sorry -- I got so excited about actually seeing discounts for the first I forgot to actually reply to your question. Clearly no, I'm not seeing problems with the web site (for a wonder!!) and saw real savings today.

But...

I remembered the tip that others here have shared, and logged in using a Private Browsing / Incognito Mode tab. I don't know if that guaranteed I'd see the right thing, but it's been observed here many a time that doing this does tend to properly show you the latest web site updates. Not clear if it's because of caching, cookies stuck in the browser, or what; but it really does seem to help.

Just now, Lauren said:

My offer for Anthem in February is Buy 1 get 1 50% off for the Deluxe package, so it must be purchased for everyone over 21 in the room. Only 1 of us in the room will be drinking and still not enough to make paying full price worth it.

@Lauren, if the others in your room simply don't drink out of personal preference, or have other reasons that Royal has marked "valid exceptions" -- recovering alcoholic, unable to drink due to medications they take, cannot drink due to religious restricts, or pregnant -- you can call the toll-free number given on the Cruise Planner and specifically request that only the one person buy the package. That person will still get the discounted rate, but they will most likely come back and say the others in the cabin need to buy a Refreshment Package. Since that's now $18 per day per person instead of the usual $26, this is not at all a bad deal.

I had just made this call last weekend and it went very smoothly. Others have done the same, and with a little pushback even got out of having to buy the Refreshment Package for the others in the cabin (see this link, which shows an email stating clearly that no additional purchases are required of others in the cabin if an exception is granted).

I just called to upgrade my refreshment package to the ultimate beverage package and they would not do it unless I added the refreshment package for my husband. I quoted him the email in the above link and he would not budge. I was willing to spend over $200 more to upgrade, but he said that was an old email and that their policy changed a week ago. 

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

I just called to upgrade my refreshment package to the ultimate beverage package and they would not do it unless I added the refreshment package for my husband. I quoted him the email in the above link and he would not budge. I was willing to spend over $200 more to upgrade, but he said that was an old email and that their policy changed a week ago. 

I would keep calling and see if they are consistent with their "change" in policy.  These seem to be sales tactics similar to what the telecom companies use until you use the magic words "I want to cancel."

1 hour ago, merrywhiterose said:

What's the cheapest package for soda?

That would be the Classic Soda Package, which seems to go for $9 per person per day and basically never goes on sale (because it's already pretty cheap, as long as you have 3-4 sodas a day while on board).