How much time should I allow for Dining?

GlenDhu

Hi,

I have never crusied, At the moment I am trying to plan out activities.

Weare four in our party - my wife and I, along with two boys (12 & 15).

I am trying to pencil in dinner reservations. The My Time Dining allows me to book a timeslot. However I am confused because it often tells me I have a conflict with a later activity that doesn't start till 90 minutes later.

How long should I allow for dinner?

I appreciate any insight,

Cheers

Mark

At least the 90 mins, sometimes more based on my experiences.

I have seen it take 2 hours from being seated, till I left the table when not MTD. This maybe more the case with the traditional seating times though.

On my last cruise, I was in and out in less than 60 mins, but there was only 2 of us , and we knew what we wanted prior to sitting down.

I would suggest the buffet when trying to time it with a show/event after that you want to attend if the times are close.

I think 90 minutes is a safe estimate. When dining with just my wife, we're sometimes out in roughly an hour, but it really comes down to the efficiency of your wait staff and how much you order, what you order (e.g., specialty coffee with dessert), etc. I have found that open dining usually runs faster, but again it depends on your service team. If you're at a big table, add an addition 30-60 minutes especially if you like your table mates as the conversation slows things down.

Ditto what was said above.  If you mention that you have something planned and need expedited service, the crew will do everything they can to make sure you get to your event on time.  

In my experience "My Time Dining" is somewhat faster than your traditional dining experience; I don't mind a two hour meal as it gives me more alone time with my Better Half. :)