Recommendation Cozumel with Teens

Ancestry

Hubby and I cruised many times when we were first married but this will be our first cruise in 16 years and we will have two teenagers with us. Doing a 4 night on the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa at the beginning of January.

Can anyone recommend a RC shore excursion at Cozumel that won't be "boring" for two fifteen year olds? Hubby and I have done the horseback riding multiple times and aren't interested in repeating that. We also don't want a really long one (like Chichen Itza that is 8+ hours). Would love to do one of the ATV ones but they seem to have a minimum age limit of 16. The caves look interesting but not sure of the water temperature in early January. I'm not real interested in beach or swimming activities.

My teens had a blast swimming with the dolphins but if you don't want beach and can't do atvs I'm not sue what else is out there other than shopping.    You could totally stay on the ship and enjoy having fewer people.   Otherwise i will be interested to see what people have to suggest!   Jane

What about an RC snorkeling excursion. We did that one  a few years ago. It was on a "Pirate Ship"  and included drinks (Non alcoholic as well as alcoholic) and a great lunch prepared on board, line dancing, etc. There was a mix of young and older folks on that trip and it was fun. If it's available please check it out. :27_sunglasses:

• 1 month later...

If you / they like to sail at all, the 12 Metre Regatta (America's Cup Yacht Race boats) is awesome!  I've been on it twice, the first time with my (then) 11 year old son.  I'm not sure he was really looking forward to it that much, but he REALLY had fun and was very involved / active in the race. (You've got to be age 12+, but they made an exception because he had some sailing experience.)   Last time, I took some friends and they all loved it too.

FYI:  This boat won the America's Cup back from Australia back in 1987.  (Actually, they took 4 nearly identicle boats down for the race all tuned for different conditions.  This isn't the hull that won the final race, but it was down there.)  Anyway, it is a lot of fun and will keep your sons very active.  Here's a link on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Cozumel12MetreRegatta/

12 hours ago, JimmyGas said:

If you / they like to sail at all, the 12 Metre Regatta (America's Cup Yacht Race boats) is awesome!  

Second that!  We did this excursion in November and it was a blast.  If the teens want an active excursion, I'd go for it.  

• 3 weeks later...