Connecting Staterooms

butterfly

Hello,

My family and I are booked on the Oasis this coming December.   We have two staterooms which one is a connecting stateroom but not connecting with each other.  One stateroom is connecting to another unknown family.  I've been on many Royal Caribbean cruises but never stayed in an connecting room.  My question is, are connecting rooms just as sound proof as a standard stateroom or will I hear the people in the other stateroom as if they are in my room? LOL  I know it's a silly question but just wanted to know so if this is the case I would see about switching rooms.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this. 

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

Hello,

My family and I are booked on the Oasis this coming December.   We have two staterooms which one is a connecting stateroom but not connecting with each other.  One stateroom is connecting to another unknown family.  I've been on many Royal Caribbean cruises but never stayed in an connecting room.  My question is, are connecting rooms just as sound proof as a standard stateroom or will I hear the people in the other stateroom as if they are in my room? LOL  I know it's a silly question but just wanted to know so if this is the case I would see about switching rooms.  Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this. 

On the Allure we had a stateroom that was connected to someone we did not know and we heard nothing all week.  The only time we heard conversations was if we were both on the balcony at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

On the Allure we had a stateroom that was connected to someone we did not know and we heard nothing all week.  The only time we heard conversations was if we were both on the balcony at the same time.

Thank you so much!!! I will keep our staterooms as they are.

Like others, I have heard issues of noise from connecting rooms but never had that kind of issue, myself.

The biggest drawback to having a connecting room (of any kind) is the fact that they often replace a full sized couch with a loveseat sized couch or even a single chair b/c the wall where the couch would normally go now has a door on it and the room can no longer accommodate a full sized couch.

This is my real objection to having a room with a connecting door.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Like others, I have heard issues of noise from connecting rooms but never had that kind of issue, myself.

The biggest drawback to having a connecting room (of any kind) is the fact that they often replace a full sized couch with a loveseat sized couch or even a single chair b/c the wall where the couch would normally go now has a door on it and the room can no longer accommodate a full sized couch.

This is my real objection to having a room with a connecting door.

This was an issue in the Liberty where the couch was replaced with a chair. This wasn't an issue on the Allure as the connecting door, at least in a Central Park view room, was near the bathroom in the entry hallway.