Bogo or 3 night?

Mcohen1993

3 hours ago, Mcohen1993 said:

Hey just wondering is the BOGO deal worth it? Or would you guys rather spend over double to not be locked in to dining on first 2 nights? This is for my honeymoon cruise on Harmony next year so I want to make sure we have best experience.

I guess it depends. How long is your cruise?

Were you planning on eating three nights in specialty restaurants? On our recent cruise, we ate at three specialty restaurants on Serenade. We ate on days 2, 4 and 6 of a 7 night cruise. We did this to spread out the experience throughout the cruise. If you did the same, you probably would have to eat at least on day 2 or 3 at the latest, to avoid all of your dinners, being jammed together. 

1 minute ago, Mcohen1993 said:

7 night cruise. It’s $30 per for BOGO (which hopefully includes all specialty restaurants). It’s $85 per for 3 night dining (which hopefully includes all restaurants). 

Both are really good deals. On most cruises, night 2 is usually a formal night, so if that matters to you, you would have to eat on night one, if you choose the BOGO. 

1 hour ago, Jason.H. said:

I just can't get myself to miss that first night in the main dining room. Seems like the food is always the best then everyone is in the best mood on that first night.

A lot of people have that hangup, myself included. It's like missing the first day of school

21 hours ago, Mcohen1993 said:

It just seems like such a money pit to get an extra day. However if that includes a place like Chops then obviously it will be more variety for the 3 day. Do you suggest calling RCLL on cruise planner?

It's a catch 22, because with the dining plans, the more days you get, the cheaper it is per day. But then of course you are spending more. If you are only going to do one specialty restaurant, go for the BOGO. If you get day 1 or a restaurant you don't want, you can always go and switch it to day 2, or a different restaurant if you want. It's usually not a problem. 

If you are planning to eat at more than one specialty restaurant, then I suggest buying a 3 day. Book it now, pick the restaurants on the days you want, with the times that you want and be done.

I did that and it worked great. No wondering what restaurant on what day. It allows you to make the decisions and have everything set before you leave.

21 hours ago, Mcohen1993 said:

It just seems like such a money pit to get an extra day. However if that includes a place like Chops then obviously it will be more variety for the 3 day. Do you suggest calling RCLL on cruise planner?

I did all of ours through the cruise planner. It can get a little glitchy at times, as many can attest here. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to call RC directly.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, Jason.H. said:

I just can't get myself to miss that first night in the main dining room. Seems like the food is always the best then everyone is in the best mood on that first night.

Same here.  I can't bring myself to get the BOGO even though it is the best deal because I don't like to miss the first night and I don't want to spend formal night (day 2) in a specialty restaurant.