Deluxe Drink Package sale, again today

RobWhatley

Just saved $85 on the 6 day Deluxe Drink Package for our cruise. :) Might want to watch cruise planner pretty close.  Also, someone set up a facebook group for this cruise, FYI.

Freedom of the Seas January 28 2018 if anyone is interested. 

Cindy and I are "almost" doing the double digit dance.  107 days.

Best of luck to you all on saving a few bucks.  :)

Rob

For me it's still the same $43/day rate I saw starting yesterday, no fanfare and no banners noting the reduced price or calling it a sale. What was the updated price you got per night? Maybe my own trip on Freedom next March will have a sale of its own after all and I can save another few bucks.

51 minutes ago, RobWhatley said:

Just saved $85 on the 6 day Deluxe Drink Package for our cruise. :) Might want to watch cruise planner pretty close.  Also, someone set up a facebook group for this cruise, FYI.

Rob

Why not start the FB group yourself?

17 hours ago, jce2 said:
17 hours ago, RobWhatley said:

Also, someone set up a facebook group for this cruise, FYI.

Rob

Why not start the FB group yourself?

@jce2, the group already exists. @RobWhatley was just informing everyone in case any here were on the same cruise and interested in joining it. Just looked it up on Facebook and confirmed it's there.

Check this out! Looking at my cruiser planner for the Allure next March 25th. Don't know how to do a screen capture so here's the link: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1012/activityType/100000003096659750.

Buy one get one 50% off. So $45 + 18% gratuity for myself, $45-50% off + 18% gratuity for my wife is $79.65 per day for the two of us which equals $557.55 for the 7 day cruise. Looks like a great deal, right? Well, not so fast there buckaroo. Add the two packages to your cart and go all the way to the check out screen and presto you now owe $743.00 for the two packages.....with no mention/indication of any discount. By the way, 2 deluxe drink packages at $45 each plus the 18% gratuity for 7 days is $743.00. 

I think it's time to gives these folks a call........:40_rage:

2 minutes ago, rjac said:

That call was a BIG waste of time! Once I calm down I'll try again with a supervisor. By the way, this offer is for the deluxe drink package.

Oh and @rjac not to add fuel to the fire but last week when I had to speak to a supervisor about the "free gratuities" nonsense, I was on hold for almost an hour waiting for supervisor...good thing you're retired...:10_wink:

On 10/12/2017 at 3:34 PM, RobWhatley said:

Rob

I would love for you to share your cruise compass... is this the eastern 6 day to cozumel, Costa Maya and grand Cayman?   I will be on that cruise in March.   I bought the pkg last week for 45 a day plus gratuities and saved about 70 dollars off full price.   Jane

18 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Well don't leave us in suspense....

You'll love this.....according to three different cust. service reps and two different supervisors the discount is as follows: the cost of the deluxe drink package is $55.00 per person per day and each gets a 25% discount off the $55.00, hence the "discounted" price of $45.00. But wait....$55 - 25% is $41.25 NOT $45.00. When I mentioned that, the reply (unanimous) was the $45.00 includes the 18% gratuity, wrong again. $41.25 + 18% = $48.68. Amazing!!!!

At this point in time I think I'll load up my RC credit card for obc and not even think about a drink package! :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, rjac said:

You'll love this.....according to three different cust. service reps and two different supervisors the discount is as follows: the cost of the deluxe drink package is $55.00 per person per day and each gets a 25% discount off the $55.00, hence the "discounted" price of $45.00. But wait....$55 - 25% is $41.25 NOT $45.00. When I mentioned that, the reply (unanimous) was the $45.00 includes the 18% gratuity, wrong again. $41.25 + 18% = $48.68. Amazing!!!!

At this point in time I think I'll load up my RC credit card for obc and not even think about a drink package! :27_sunglasses:

That is wrong all over the place! You should take a screen shot of your cruise planner and then speak to a supervisor and ask them if you are not satisfied with their response or calculations if you should call the FTC (federal trade commission). That is false advertising big time!  I saw the ad and banners on my cruise planner too. It clearly looks like $45 and the next person is 1/2 of that.

I did that two weeks ago when they refused to give me the free gratuities with the KSF even though there were banners etc. advertising it was possible. And as soon as I did that they credited me back for gratuities.

5 hours ago, rjac said:

I’ve seen this with their pricing on many things.  They advertise a price and their calculations doesn’t add up in the end.  Way too many times for it to be just mistakes.  It’s deceptive and flat out wrong!  Can’t sugarcoat it. You hear complaints here but not often as you would think.  I guess we just chalk it up to “it’s just Royal being Royal!”  I don’t like it but I continue to book with them.  So I guess I shouldn’t complain! Lol

15 minutes ago, Hutcherl said:

I’ve seen this with their pricing on many things.  They advertise a price and their calculations doesn’t add up in the end.  Way too many times for it to be just mistakes.  It’s deceptive and flat out wrong!  Can’t sugarcoat it. You hear complaints here but not often as you would think.  I guess we just chalk it up to “it’s just Royal being Royal!”  I don’t like it but I continue to book with them.  So I guess I shouldn’t complain! Lol

Actually, this is the first time I have encountered this with Royal. Not a happy camper!

Yeah, Royal has really gone "used car sale" style in a very bad way. This latest promotion really makes it shine.

Sad part it is accurate based on the assumption of on board pricing. Plus on the page it does state the price is including the discount. Issue is the banners don't make the claim discount is based on the on board price.

This capture is from my upcoming Oasis sailing in January. Accurate based on pricing I saw on Anthem at $58 a day.

SmartSelectImage_2017-10-14-18-28-12.png

Well, I am just about at the point of saying f***** RCI over this! There are other cruise lines out there. 

Here's the screen shot I have been dealing with. At least the one you posted says "Price Shown Reflects Your Discount" , nice, very nice. :40_rage:

Screenshot (4).png

That information came up when I clicked on view details. Sneaky it doesn't give those details otherwise. Would be nice if it did show any type of break down showing a discount.

Like I said, used car sales tactics. Just add it to the list of other "sales".

Add: Drink package sheet from Anthem

BeveragePackage-Anthem.jpg

7 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

That information came up when I clicked on view details. Sneaky it doesn't give those details otherwise. Would be nice if it did show any type of break down showing a discount.

Like I said, used car sales tactics. Just add it to the list of other "sales".

What really pisses me off is this "professional" cruise line can't get their math correct! If the price of the deluxe drink package is $55.00 and you're buying two, hence the "50%" sale, it's actually 25% off of each. My calculator tells me $55.00 X 25% = $41.25. Not $45.00 nor $43.00. :40_rage::40_rage::40_rage:

15 minutes ago, rjac said:

What really pisses me off is this "professional" cruise line can't get their math correct! If the price of the deluxe drink package is $55.00 and you're buying two, hence the "50%" sale, it's actually 25% off of each. My calculator tells me $55.00 X 25% = $41.25. Not $45.00 nor $43.00. :40_rage::40_rage::40_rage:

Then comes the wonderful fold of dynamic beverage package pricing. For some odd reason Royal can't come up with one standard price for the Deluxe package across all ships and sailings.

I've done a back to back where the package was a different price for each voyage. This was reflected online. Then on board when asked on board they said it would be the same for the next voyage. Next voyage, package price was increased...

4 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well I called and walked the person thru the advertising price and was give the same run-a-round...? 

I'm surprised they haven't revised that web page by know. Don't think too many folks are going to sign up for the "sale" they have going on now!:27_sunglasses:

So let me understand something here.  Those screen grabs say $43 per person, buy one get one half off.  But what you are all saying is that the $43 per person price is already reflective of the sale?  That is pretty funny.  I just checked my cruise planner, and I have the same banner, buy one get one half off, price of $43 per person.  I just bought the drink package for both my wife and I last week, at $43 per person, no advertised sale, shown as regular price.  So I can't check the total pricing now because we already have it so I can't add it to my cart.  Still pretty funny though.  Quite a sale!  

15 minutes ago, JBC said:

So let me understand something here.  Those screen grabs say $43 per person, buy one get one half off.  But what you are all saying is that the $43 per person price is already reflective of the sale?  That is pretty funny.  I just checked my cruise planner, and I have the same banner, buy one get one half off, price of $43 per person.  I just bought the drink package for both my wife and I last week, at $43 per person, no advertised sale, shown as regular price.  So I can't check the total pricing now because we already have it so I can't add it to my cart.  Still pretty funny though.  Quite a sale!  

You got it...SmartSelectImage_2017-10-15-20-45-56.png.92e9610b6d3ffd04bcfc41a6db25d827.png

11 hours ago, JBC said:

Looks like the sale of the day has now extended to the drink packages as well .... every day is a different sale but the amount you pay never changes ...

I get what they're trying to pull.  It's stupid, but I get it.

They're trying to spin the fact they're now requiring both adults to buy a drink package as some sort of "buy one get one" deal like they're doing you a favor.  But whatever marketing lizard dreamt this up was too clever for the pricing system.  $58 is full price (and possibly $60 on some sailings), half is $29; so $58 + $29 = $87 for both.  Or $43.50 each if they just dispensed with the "buy one get one half off" nonsense and told you what it really was that the pricing system is at least showing honestly despite whatever banner they slap on the picture.

I don't understand why marketing people like to do this.  Just state your prices without silly little games.

22 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

I don't understand why marketing people like to do this.  Just state your prices without silly little games.

My guess is because it works.  It's why JC Penney failed miserably when they tried to get rid of sales/coupons/gimmicks and post lowest price. It almost ruined the company.