Main Dining Room food.

cajunman14

They usually have some type of beef on every evenings menu, the menu will change night to night, I believe there is always a steak listed but some nights it might be for a fee.

When you made you cruise reservation they should have asked if you wanted an early or late seating or My Time Dinning.

I have never eaten lunch in the Main Dinning room, so I can't answer that.

I agree normally some type of beef option every night.  I think you can pay an up charge if you want the aged steak similar to what you would get in Chops.  Although if I'm going to pay an up charge I would just go to the specialty dining venue so you get the whole experience.  

Remember you can order more than one entree so try something you've never had.  Add it with the beef you normally have and you will really be on vacation.  

Lunch typically has a menu in the MDR plus they have had a really good salad bar where you pick your ingredients but they prepare it for you.  We enjoy having both breakfast and lunch in the MDR because the pace is slower and not as crowded as the windjammer.  However on port days we usually do room service in the morning so we can get to our excursions

Agree your reservation should have shown you either as fixed dining time or my time dining.  You should be able to change by contacting RCL or if you used travel agent they can help you.

What ship are you on?

in terms of MDR for dinner and steak, typically it is available every night.  

In another thread I posted pictures of the Grandeur MDR menu.  There is a "Classics" section that is on the menu every night.  On this ship there was a "Manhattan Strip Steak" always available unless the daily entree included a different cut.

Grandeur MDR Menus.pdf

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

What ship are you on?

In another thread I posted pictures of the Grandeur MDR menu.  There is a "Classics" section that is on the menu every night.  On this ship there was a "Manhattan Strip Steak" always available unless the daily entree included a different cut.

Grandeur MDR Menus.pdf

I will be going on the vision of the seas!

22 hours ago, twangster said:

What ship are you on?

Grandeur MDR Menus.pdf

Thanks for the menus @twangster. Had the same menus last week on Serenade.

We enjoyed lunch in the MDR very much. They offered a regular menu along with a made to order salad station, The Tutti Bar. They also offered a hot station with carving station, one day it was beef tenderloin and other hot items including a potato, vegetables and things like chicken wings, shrimp and bbq ribs. They also had a live station that did made to order past one day and stir fry the next. Get one of them, or all of them. It's your choice.

• 1 month later...

On anthem in June, I saw NY Strip on the MDR menu every night.  Was not until the last night that I had it.... It was a really good steak.  Not fantastic, but very good.

I've since recreated it at home.  Got a Sous Vide gadget and I can make a really tender, perfectly medium steak at home similar to what I had on Anthem using a Choice cut of NY strip..