Booking North Star

chrisd596

Last cruise I tried continuously to book this online, almost everyday before the 90 day mark, and daily from then on. I was shocked when it appeared but said I couldn't book it cause it was all fulled up, but advised me to book it once onboard the ship. THAT's what I wanted to avoid, the mad rush to book it onboard, who wants to wait in a 45 min line, as soon as you get onboard.

I spoke to Reps on the phone numerous times and the answer is always the same, just keep checking, etc. 

Since I'm cruising again in Nov 2018, I know it's a year out, but is there any way of booking it online without the complete hassle of the first day on ship???

Thanks

Chris

I booked Anthem 55 days out.  While I could book iFly, Northstar was not available to book.  I kept checking and two days later it was available on days 10 & 11 (sea days).  The time on day 10 conflicted with MTD and it wouldn't let me book it so I grabbed the spot on day 11 mid afternoon.

i guess the point is, this is one of those check several times each day items.

We really wanted to book it, but since this next cruise (3 weeks!!!!) was more of a "last minute" idea, with only 8 weeks total to plan, from day 1 it was already marked as "not available to book" as soon as we tried.  Next time I think we will plan a little farther out lol.  This is our first Cruise on Royal Caribbean, we normally do Carnival, but decided to try something different/nicer

4 minutes ago, guittech said:

We really wanted to book it, but since this next cruise (3 weeks!!!!) was more of a "last minute" idea, with only 8 weeks total to plan, from day 1 it was already marked as "not available to book" as soon as we tried.  Next time I think we will plan a little farther out lol.  This is our first Cruise on Royal Caribbean, we normally do Carnival, but decided to try something different/nicer

i switched from Carnival in 2016.  There are some differences for sure, but I'm happy with RCI overall.  

Keep trying if it is important to you.  People do cancel or make last minute changes, you just never know if a Northstar slot might open up. 

PS - Grew up in the GTA.  Go Jays! (ok maybe not this year)

1 hour ago, twangster said:

i switched from Carnival in 2016.  There are some differences for sure, but I'm happy with RCI overall.  

Keep trying if it is important to you.  People do cancel or make last minute changes, you just never know if a Northstar slot might open up. 

PS - Grew up in the GTA.  Go Jays! (ok maybe not this year)

Surprised it's not Go Leafs Go! lol

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

i resemble that remark.  The Leafs have taught me a great deal about living with disappointment.  Let's not go there.  

But this could be their year :8_laughing:

That's what my husband keeps telling me.  The saviour has arrived!

I cheer for champs myself...Let's go Pens!

Last year when we were on OVation North Star booking opened up very very late (I think about 2 months out). We have the same issue with Wave Rider lessons at the moment. We want to rent it out for the hour but whenever you go to book it no times come up. We are about 90 days out and I've been checking daily at least) since about 120 days out.

16 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

But this could be their year :8_laughing:

That's what my husband keeps telling me.  The saviour has arrived!

I cheer for champs myself...Let's go Pens!

Lol, I am actually not a "Sports guy" but for the last 20 years of living in T.O. I have heard "It's a REBUILDING  year" many many times....