Harmony of the seas cabin 6535 and 6539

Yajaira

we are a family of four and most times have gotten an inside room.  We got a great deal on the Harmony for Thanksgiving and were thinking of getting 2 inside rooms since I thought all inside cabins for four guest were equipped with a pullout couch and this set-up seemed a big too tight compared to the upper pullman beds we are use to on the smaller ships.   My TA tells me that cabin 6536 and 6539 are the only two cabin on Harmony that have the two upper pullman beds to accommodate four guest.  However when I look at the deck plans, it shows a pullout couch.  Can anyone that has been on Harmony confirm whether these rooms have a pullout couch or two upper pullman beds.  Thank you.

+1 for not trusting EITHER the deck plans OR the CS reps.  I read a horror story not too long about about a family that was told that they had connecting rooms but when they got to their rooms they weren't.  It caused a lot of problems since they had special needs children who needed constant contact.  It was a real problem.  The CS rep is just going to repeat whatever they see on the deck plans.  Rarely do they have any special insight.  They just have whatever information they have....and that's what they're going to repeat back to you.

I also agree that you cannot trust photographs published by the cruiseline.  As @craig403 said, these photos often have NO resemblance to what you room really looks like.

So what can you trust ?

You're doing the right thing.  Ask someone who has been in those rooms to know for sure.  If you trust your TA then you can go with his/her word on it.

Are you aware that 6536 is an obstructed view balcony ?  This is not a really big issue but according to the information in Cruisedeckplans.com, this room has lifeboats directly below it so you will not have a clear view down to the ocean.  It should not affect your view straight out off your balcony but it most likely will cause you NOT to be able to see the ocean looking straight down from your balcony,  if that is an issue.  Again,  according to Cruisedeckplans.com 6539 has a sofa bed but the notations for these rooms on this website say nothing at all about pullman beds in either of these rooms.  So you already have conflicting information. 

Another thing, both of these rooms are connecting rooms, meaning that there will be a door connecting the room to another room adjacent to it.  Connecting rooms have 2 potential problems.  1) They CAN be noisy (although I will say that I have never found this to be a problem myself, some complain about the noise coming through the connecting door.)  2) because there is a door on the "long" wall, you will find that you often have a small love seat or even just a chair on that wall vs having a full length couch.  This is b/c the length of the wall is interrupted by the fact that the door is there.  I'm guessing here, but if there is a sofa bed in 6539, I'll bet it is a single bed rather than a double bed.  I don't see how they would get a full sized sofa bed into that inside room with a connecting door.  There's just not room.

As long as I'm passing on information from Cruisedeckplans.com, let me say that the notation on category K (6539) does say that it sleeps 4 so I could be very wrong about the sofa bed.  Maybe it IS a 2 person bed. Using this same source, it say that the balcony room (6536, which is a D8) is not one of the designations that sleeps 3 or 4 so I would be very leery that this room sleeps 4.

If I were you I would keep doing exactly what you're doing and keep looking for someone who has been in these rooms recently and knows for sure.  If you decide to trust your TA on this one I would press for more information and bring up the issues that I have mentioned above.  You will need to have those questions answered.

Good luck !!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you trust your TA then you can go with his/her word on it.

I'll caveat this statement -- if you trust your TA and he/she says she personally stayed in this room, or knows someone who did, then you can go with his/her word on it.

Reason for the caveat is that if the TA hasn't personally been in that room or one really really similar to it, then whatever information they have is also coming from the CS reps at Royal.

almost got bitten by the very issue @WAAAYTOOO told above, with expecting connecting rooms but not getting them. When I booked my cruise on Freedom, I told my TA that we wanted connecting rooms for our family of four. She made the reservation, sent us the invoice, and I saw the room numbers there didn't look quite right. Why didn't they look right? Because I'd already gone to CruiseDeckPlans.com and looked at the plans for Freedom, to see what connecting rooms were available on decks 8 and 9 where we wanted to be.

I checked those room numbers and confirmed that, at least per the deck plan, they were not connecting. I emailed the TA right away and asked if maybe the deck plan was incorrect, or if those rooms were indeed not connecting. She wrote back about 30 minutes later apologizing profusely. She had called Royal after she got my email, as she had been told by the CSR at Royal who worked with her to make the reservation that those rooms were connecting. She got a different rep on the follow-up call, and that rep confirmed my concern -- not connecting. We got the reservation updated, and this time we did indeed have connecting rooms.

Would it have been the deal-breaker it was for the family @WAAAYTOOO mentioned? No, our teen girls are both quite capable of being on their own. But we wanted them so that we could avoid the headache of putting one adult in each room to meet reservation requirements, getting extra keys, yadda yadda yadda. Can't imagine the headaches we'd have faced from their legal reps / security team during boarding and embarkation if we'd showed up with what were actually unconnected rooms and they saw there was no adult in the second one. I'm on vacation, no headaches!

• 2 weeks later...