Many questions... First time on RC.

cajunman14

This will be our first RC cruise. We are going on the Vision of the Seas as part of a large group. I've been trying to figure out the food situation on the ship as to whats free and what times you can eat. On carnival you could eat buffets almost anytime it seems. I purchased a Deluxe Package but i was wondering What beers are available? Im more into craft beers or something with more flavor than budlight. Also when we bring our 2 bottles of wine do we get to keep them in the rooms?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

HI @cajunman14  @Matt has the pricing and what beers on his blog  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Others may be able to answer you about the craft beers but I don't see any listed on the Beer list (unless you consider Coors Light!) KIDDING!!!

lol looking at beer list you posted. Looks like blue moon and Paulaner Weiss will be the 2 beers closest to something with flavor.

Hi @cajunman14! Welcome to our little family!

If you take a look at this discussion in the Royal Caribbean Dining board, you'll see there are a fair number of craft beer lovers here. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the craft beer selection on board all but a couple of the newest ships (most notably Anthem of the Seas, in Michael's Pub). As you already saw, Vision won't be giving you the best options. But if you come on over to NJ and sail out on Anthem some time, we'll have some better choices available for you! :15_yum:

1 hour ago, cajunman14 said:

I've been trying to figure out the food situation on the ship as to whats free and what times you can eat. On carnival you could eat buffets almost anytime it seems.

The Main Dinning Room (MDR) and Windjammer (Buffet) are always free. Places like Chops grill (Steak House) Giovanni's table (Italian) and Izumi (Sushi) are a fee $, you can purchase a dinning package to cover these, there are probably other places on the ship which are free but I'm not familiar with this exact ship, hopefully someone who has sailed on her will add.

Windjammer is open early till late but not 24x7, the MDR usually has 2 sittings for Traditional dinning, 6:30 and 8:30ish, Royal has My Time Dinning (MTD) which means you can show up at your leisure, like a traditional restaurant and ask to be seated, there may be a weight or you can make reservations. 

There is also room service for a small fee $7.95 I believe

Hope this helps.

Take the wine in your "carry-on" bags.  You can keep the bottles in your cabin.  I believe there is an uncorkage fee ($7.95) for MDR or Speciality Restaurants.  We pack a cork screw.  If you forget, your cabin stewart can get you one.  Also, we ask for an ice bucket and extra wine glasses for the room from the start.  

Enjoy your first cruise.

With reference to the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom you're allowed to take onboard.  You can keep them in your room to drink or you can take them to the restaurant with you.  Royal Caribbean have recently re-introduced a corkage fee of $25 (although some say it's $15) which you may or may not get charged (again I've read different reports on this!) in the dining room

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I seem to recall that there is a menu for lunch in addition to the Tutti buffet.  I rarely eat lunch in the MDR and it's been a while since I did, but I think there is a rather limited menu.  Could be wrong !

You are correct. Lunch on sea days only has the usual printed menu and buffet option.