How often do you check cruise planner?

EmersonNZ

How often do you check Cruise Planner  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you check Cruise Planner (within the 6 month window).

• 2 or more times a day (Help me!)
    • Once a day
    • Once a week
    • Once a month
    • Cruise planner? I don't need no Cruise Planner

My name is Emerson, and I'm a Cruise Pplannerolic.

I've just realised I have a problem. I find myself checking the cruise planner 2 to 3 times a day pretty much from the time I book my cruise. The symptoms seem to get a lot worse 6 months out and come 3 months out... well, someone please take my keyboard from me.

Am I alone? Do others suffer from this crippling condition? Is there any cure or should I just embrace my disease? 

If Royal Carribean comes out with an app that allows me to check cruise planner I may need to check myself into a treatment centre!

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum ;)

I would pay you not to let me have internet access, I know that absent a 90% off special I am not going to buy the drink package, so the only thing I am going to be doing in cruise planner is shore excursions ... log in one time, book them if I am planning to do any through Royal and then done until the cruise.

1 hour ago, EmersonNZ said:

I've just realised I have a problem. I find myself checking the cruise planner 2 to 3 times a day pretty much from the time I book my cruise. The symptoms seem to get a lot worse 6 months out and come 3 months out... well, someone please take my keyboard from me.

Am I alone? Do others suffer from this crippling condition? Is there any cure or should I just embrace my disease? 

If Royal Carribean comes out with an app that allows me to check cruise planner I may need to check myself into a treatment centre!

There,,,There.  Everything will be just fine.  You're among friends here.  This is your safe space. 

Use wine and/or Jack and Coke to calm the symptoms.   

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

I'm pretty bad myself. I'm a routine lover so it comes as part of my morning routine. I have a problem but I also don't care - it's not hurting anyone.

Haha! I'm the same. It's part of my morning, afternoon, and nightly routine. That along with checking drops in cruise fares and this blog....?

I probably check it weekly.  Sometimes less because nothing  seems to ever change when I do check it. Especially the price of the drink package!! ? I think it’s because of the ships and sail dates we have picked the last couple.  Harmony and Oasis with summertime sail dates.  

I usually check it once a week and when I read something about cruise planner promos - just to find out there's none for German customers. Oh well, with still more than a year to go (Symphony TA) I guess I'll see 20% off the drink packages sooner or later. 

I have a trip on Harmony coming up in February, so I have been checking it about once a week looking for sales on internet and drink packages.  The internet has been on "sale" for a while at 20% off, which is currently $14 and change a day for one device.  I feel like I can catch a black friday sale and get a better price on this.  The deluxe drink package has been at $55 a day regular price and hasn't changed, until today and it is now listed at $46 a day.  It's weird though, because it is not listed as being on sale for the $46.  Part of me says to just buy it now because when it goes on "sale" it will likely be the same price, and part of me says to wait.  The psychology of the "sale" banner is driving me nuts!  I know I can cancel and re-buy this stuff, but I don't want to do that for a small amount of money.  But if I buy at $46 and it ends up on sale for $44 it will annoy me out of principal!  

Classic first world problems, I know.

I planned a group cruise for February on the Liberty. I am finding that I'm even worse now.  Still checking things like drink packages, excursions, and even flights that I have already booked to send updates to my friends traveling with me. I find myself checking at least once a day and scrolling all of the discussion posts here every day for any useful knowledge to share with my group of 16 first time cruisers. 

1 hour ago, JBC said:

I have a trip on Harmony coming up in February, so I have been checking it about once a week looking for sales on internet and drink packages.  The internet has been on "sale" for a while at 20% off, which is currently $14 and change a day for one device.  I feel like I can catch a black friday sale and get a better price on this.  The deluxe drink package has been at $55 a day regular price and hasn't changed, until today and it is now listed at $46 a day.  It's weird though, because it is not listed as being on sale for the $46.  Part of me says to just buy it now because when it goes on "sale" it will likely be the same price, and part of me says to wait.  The psychology of the "sale" banner is driving me nuts!  I know I can cancel and re-buy this stuff, but I don't want to do that for a small amount of money.  But if I buy at $46 and it ends up on sale for $44 it will annoy me out of principal!  

If I see $46 for my June Oasis sailing, I’m jumping on it!   That’s the sale I’ve been waiting to see. My guess is that you won’t see it any cheaper on a Oasis class ship. 

8 hours ago, JBC said:

I know I can cancel and re-buy this stuff, but I don't want to do that for a small amount of money. 

My situation right now. Booked the dining + drinks combo during the sale this weekend, now priced them out separately and since the drink package is down to $43/day it would be $9 less than the package. The cheap side of me wants to pinch every penny, but I'm not sure it's worth it for that little amount of savings :4_joy:

10 hours ago, JBC said:

Buy it before it goes up in price. You can always cancel and get a refund. 

3 hours ago, mamabdw said:

My situation right now. Booked the dining + drinks combo during the sale this weekend, now priced them out separately and since the drink package is down to $43/day it would be $9 less than the package. The cheap side of me wants to pinch every penny, but I'm not sure it's worth it for that little amount of savings :4_joy:

A penny saved is a penny earned.  

On 10/9/2017 at 7:40 AM, jticarruthers said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum ;)

I would pay you not to let me have internet access, I know that absent a 90% off special I am not going to buy the drink package, so the only thing I am going to be doing in cruise planner is shore excursions ... log in one time, book them if I am planning to do any through Royal and then done until the cruise.

Same here.

My name is Emerson, and I'm currently using TestRX and a Cruise Pplannerolic.

I check mine daily as well. Yeah, it's bad…

Forget the cruise planner, I'm on looking through the schedule 2-3 times a day.  I've even started going through it ship by ship and port by port, looking first for ships I haven't been on or places i haven't been to, then going back to the good ol' Bahamas and Cozumel routes I've done so many times already.  Anything I come across that jives with my work schedule and I think might be a good deal (or even relatively so), I'll go all the way to the end of the booking process just to see what the total's gonna be.  Luckily, only twice so far have I found a good one and completed the booking.  A few nights ago I did this for a coworker, but then almost completed the booking for myself when I realized it was for the same day I come back on that same ship, and that I had put in for a couple extra days off when I got back (yay!  Surprise b2b!).  Then I remembered I had cancelled those days because pretty much the whole staff had requested them off, too, and I was not happy.  Last time my cruisin' schedule takes one for the team!

I check daily, knowing full well that nothing will be different than the day before, since my next cruises aren't until May and October of 2018.  I get so excited for people when they announce a sale or report changes in their prices, only to be disappointed when I check and see my prices haven't changed.  As usual.  The only changes I see are options disappearing from my Cruise Planner for my May cruise.  For about a week I can only book the deluxe or water package, nothing else is offered (while I still have all the regular options for the October sailing.)  At some point in the last month the excursions for the stop at Port Canaveral totally disappeared as well.  I only see two ports on my sailing, even though Port Canaveral is still listed on the itinerary.  

So I will continue to check daily, and be disappointed when there are no changes.  Until that one day...

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:27 AM, EmersonNZ said:

Hi Emerson. I'll see you at the next meeting! :4_joy: