My Time Dining/Anthem of The Seas

chrisd596

Cruising out of Cape Liberty in Nov 2018. My wife and I  cruised Anthem before, but had an assigned time and dining room. 

We are now cruising with 6 total, how does My Time work on the Anthem, and is their big lines of people trying to pick an assigned time for dining??

Or is it simple and straight forward?  Do you also select one of the three dining halls, allowing you to visit each of them on the cruise??

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I haven't been on Anthem, but from what I've heard 2 restaurants are for my time dining (MTD), and 2 are for traditional dining, no chance in eating in all of them.  The menu is the same in all of them.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

On the first day we go to the dining room and set up a 5:30 dining time for every day of the week, but can change it, or not go to the MDR if we so choose.  If we know our excursion will not give us time to get back and clean up in time for the 5:30 then we'll call, or go to the dining room, and change it to a different time.  However, you don't have to set up a time at all if you don't want, you can walk up at different times every day if you so desire.  We set times and call ahead just to help the staff a little.  Pretty sure @DocLC said the longest he had to wait for MTD was 20min one time.

We have not been on the Anthem either but our routine is similar to what Bird mentioned.  Even though you have indicated a dinning time on your reservation I would recommend going to the dinning room soon after getting on the ship to verify that reservation.  On other ships in the fleet we even look for a table number we want then ask nicely if we could reserve it for the week. 

Even with that, the first night will be chaos with everyone trying to make reservations and get seated so get there early.    

Something interesting...when I booked times for my family for MTD on Anthem I was able to pick specific times. However, after I confirmed everything and went back to my calendar, it shows up as "at your leisure" instead of the actual time that booked. I thought I made a mistake so I went back and did it all over again and same thing. I have never been on Anthem before but when we did this on the Oasis class ships the calendar shows the time you reserved. So it makes me wonder if it even matters if a time is selected or not? Or if everyone just gets treated as a walk in?

9 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Something interesting...when I booked times for my family for MTD on Anthem I was able to pick specific times. However, after I confirmed everything and went back to my calendar, it shows up as "at your leisure" instead of the actual time that booked. I thought I made a mistake so I went back and did it all over again and same thing. I have never been on Anthem before but when we did this on the Oasis class ships the calendar shows the time you reserved. So it makes me wonder if it even matters if a time is selected or not? Or if everyone just gets treated as a walk in?

Same here, but it wouldn't let me book Northstar which overlapped with MTD reservation time.  So while it says "at your leisure" it seems like it still knows what time was booked at some level.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Same here, but it wouldn't let me book Northstar which overlapped with MTD reservation time.  So while it says "at your leisure" it seems like it still knows what time was booked at some level.

That happened to me too but with one of the shows. It overlapped and I chose to continued anyway and it let me.

We were on Anthem in May.  You could choose either restaurant each night.  There are 2 lines.  One for passengers with a "reservation time" and one for those without a time.  The lines for both were equally long, but we never waited more than 5-10 minutes to be seated.  To me, the only difference I noticed on Anthem with MTD versus on other ships was that they seat you at a different table w/ a different wait staff every night.  In some ways, we enjoyed that b/c we got to meet and chat with so many different people. The downside is that your wait staff doesn't remember your preferences, so it's starting over every night.  One night we even asked to be seated at the same table w/ the same staff as the prior evening, but the table was already taken.