New restaurants on Symphony of the Seas

Matt

Spotted a Norwegian brochure for Symphony of the Seas.  Much of the information is known already, but it does include info on some new restaurants that appear to be coming to Symphony of the Seas.

• Sugar Beach, which is described in Norwegian as "children's paradise will be on board"
  • El Loco Fresh, Mexican restuarnt
  • Hooked, seafood restaurant

Screenshot.png

Looks like this solidifies CP 150 and Wonderland in the same locations as Harmony. Just odd it was never included in other material and the deck plans. On the same subject of deck plans, odd I don't see where Izumi is located. 

Still on the Izumi thoughts, don't see on the US Symphony food page for Izumi listing Habichi, just hot rocks.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/symphony-of-the-seas/food/

A FAR EAST FEAST

From sushi to sashimi and tableside preparation using Hot Rocks, Izumi offers guests an exotic Asian-inspired dining experience.

I'd love to have a seafood restaurant on Symphony - hubby is already praying that the brochure got it wrong. Hope Izumi will have hibachi, I'm counting on it to give it a go on our TA as in Germany it's quite uncommon. I'm also wondering about El Loco Fresh, maybe it's just a new name for Sabor? Would seem strange to have 2 mexican restaurants - well I won't complain as long as they have guacamole. I've never ever tried guac but after reading all your praise for it  I feel compelled to try :5_smiley:

44 minutes ago, Neaxan said:

I'm also wondering about El Loco Fresh, maybe it's just a new name for Sabor? Would seem strange to have 2 mexican restaurants - well I won't complain as long as they have guacamole. I've never ever tried guac but after reading all your praise for it  I feel compelled to try :5_smiley:

Same here, curious about this new Mexican sounding restaurant.  Definitely try the Sabor guac.  I've tried more guac than I can remember, never really cared for any of them.  Tried it at Sabor and loved it!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

How is it different from sabor?  Jane

It's more of a "build your own" kind of approach to Mexican.  More casual and endless options in terms of sauces, fillings, form-factors, etc.  I like Sabor, don't get me wrong - but I liked it a lot more when I could go and get just a snack or light meal.  Bleu Iguana is set up in a way you could easily make a meal out of it - or just go for a quick snack.  You can see more of it in the below article where I went over Vista dining:

http://www.cruisehabit.com/our-visit-carnival-vista-part-i-dining-carnival-vista

11 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

It's more of a "build your own" kind of approach to Mexican.  More casual and endless options in terms of sauces, fillings, form-factors, etc.  I like Sabor, don't get me wrong - but I liked it a lot more when I could go and get just a snack or light meal.  Bleu Iguana is set up in a way you could easily make a meal out of it - or just go for a quick snack.  You can see more of it in the below article where I went over Vista dining:

http://www.cruisehabit.com/our-visit-carnival-vista-part-i-dining-carnival-vista

This sounds amazing!   Jane

I booked September cruise on the Symphony from Barcelona  , currently here are the restaurants I can see in the cruise planner : 

Solarium Bistro
Chops Gril
Wonderland
Jamies
150 Central park
Izumi
Izumi Hibachi

Very sad they will not have Sabor there , I do not think the new Mexican place will have the fresh guacamole  :58_disappointed_relieved:

We just got off our second cruise on Oasis.  One of my wife's "complaints" is the availability of "good seafood" on cruise ships.  We are from New England where seafood restaurants are everywhere.  We were looking at Harmony for our next cruise for a variety of reasons...discussion for another day, but now that we see that Symphony will have Hooked on Seafood, we will wait a little longer and take our next cruise on Symphony.