Huge increase to my price after booking?

Kelcey

My cruise price mysteriously increased from $1800 to $2700. Without any changes on my end. After I had booked and paid $500. 

Now my bill instead of being $1300 is $2200. I'm wondering if this is normal? How can this happen? 

Does Royal Carribean typically raise prices after putting down a deposit? I thought that locked in the price?

12 minutes ago, Kelcey said:

I received a good deal. I put down a deposit. I logged in today to make another payment and the total price of my cruise went for $1800 to $2700. Huge increase. 

Is this normal? How can they do this? 

Hi Kelcey,

Welcome to the message board! If you have made a deposit and the total price of your cruise was $1800.00 then that should be the price of the cruise for you, even if the price goes up, which it normally does as the cruise date approaches. Time to get your confirmation paperwork out and call RC customer service!:27_sunglasses:

5 minutes ago, rjac said:

Hi Kelcey,

Welcome to the message board! If you have made a deposit and the total price of your cruise was $1800.00 then that should be the price of the cruise for you, even if the price goes up, which it normally does as the cruise date approaches. Time to get your confirmation paperwork out and call RC customer service!:27_sunglasses:

Thank you! I will try calling customer service and see what happens. This is my first cruise, so I didn't know if this was a mistake or a horrible way to scam first time cruisers. 

It shouldn't go up, there will be taxes and fees that are added to your cruise fare, as @rjac says, get you confirmation paper work out and look it over, they should have emailed you a copy.

Also, try and remember did they ask you if you wanted Insurance, pre-payed gratuities? The $1800.00 cruise fare is not all inclusive, the taxes and port fee's RCL doesn't have a choice, they have to charge it, the gratuities is your choice, either pay it now or pay it later. The gratuities is how the people that serve you on the ship, room attendant and restaurant wait staff make a living. The insurance is well insurance... 

It was a glitch! Somehow the computer reverted to the non promotional price. Spoke to a wonderful woman in customer service named Stacey. She was able to get me an even lower fare! Wonderful customer service, and I can't wait until our January cruise! 

Thank you to all of you for your help! 

I will have to come back to this forum since you are all so nice! 

On 10/7/2017 at 5:54 PM, Kelcey said:

It was a glitch! Somehow the computer reverted to the non promotional price. Spoke to a wonderful woman in customer service named Stacey. She was able to get me an even lower fare! Wonderful customer service, and I can't wait until our January cruise! 

Thank you to all of you for your help! 

I will have to come back to this forum since you are all so nice! 

So glad to hear that it all worked out ..... even to your advantage with a slightly lower price .....

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the customer service team with Royal Caribbean is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to do business with.

Have a fantastic time on your cruise, we all know you will.

Welcome to the RCLBlog family.

Mark

Same thing happened to me when I booked a cruise for next september. The price didn't take off the 50% for the second guest and the balcony discount. So we called and they changed it right away. I wonder how often this happens and gets overlooked...and if it's actually an accident on their part.

• 9 months later...