San Juan

Bella

This is from Royal's Itinerary update page from their main web page, I think this might be all you can get until someone that actually cruises out of there adds comments.

"We understand that limited hotel availability in San Juan may cause you to alter your travel arrangements. Airlines are being flexible with waiving change fees, so please check with your carrier, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. "

According to this article its looks to be open.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/cruises/la-tr-cruises-royal-caribbean-sails-from-puerto-rico-20171005-story.html

October 6th 2017 6:15AM

The Adventure of the Seas cruise ship is set to bring relief supplies to Puerto Ricoon Friday morning, and then begin regular sailings Saturday from the island hit hard two weeks ago by powerful Hurricane Maria.

“[San] Juan has told us that the port is open with no restrictions,” Cynthia Martinez, director of corporate communications for Royal Caribbean International, wrote in an email Thursday.

Since the storm hit Sept. 20, about 90% of the island remains without power as of Thursday, though many grocery stores and gas stations have reopened, according to StatusPR.

Upcoming weeklong Royal Caribbean cruises sailing from Puerto Rico are scheduled to depart Saturday, Oct. 14, 21 and 28. (Itineraries can change depending on conditions, weather, etc.)

I don't think any of us were saying the cruises would not happen, they will, but depending on where you live flying to San Juan can be an all day event, with any delays you could miss the boat, so OK, you fly in the day before right, well you have to stay someplace and the last I heard a small percentage of the island has power, so what are the odds you find a hotel that has space and that has power, etc. etc.

You will probably be alright, but it is a lot of challenges.

6 minutes ago, Bella said:

Instead of staying the night before in San Juan, do you think flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before, staying overnight and then taking first direct flight out to San Juan day of cruise would work?     

To take this good idea a step farther, Miami has flights to San Juan all day long.

13 hours ago, Bella said:

Instead of staying the night before in San Juan, do you think flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before, staying overnight and then taking first direct flight out to San Juan day of cruise would work?     

Yes, because of where I live, I have very limited flights, I have a cruise out of San Juan in 2018 that I plan on flying to Miami the night before and getting the first flight out to San Juan the next morning.