New cruise planner sale this weekend

Matt

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

No deals for me (March/April Eastern Caribbean). But if folks on February cruises are seeing some deals, gives me hope that next month (maybe Thanksgiving weekend?), my ship will finally come in.

See what I did there? :10_wink:

I am really hoping for a black Friday/cyber Monday sale...if we are buying 2 drink P kgs, it would really be nice if I could save 11 bucks a day!  Jane

4 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Mine just went down from 55 to 45/ day fyi!  Jane

Thanks for the heads-up on this! I re-checked this morning and mine has dropped overnight to $43/day! Timing is perfect, as I just started a new billing cycle today. Will be calling up Royal as soon as their service desk is open and I'm clear of my morning work calls.

The Sip 'N Stream package is also discounted, but the internet part is only discounted by a dollar a day. Given that I need to buy a 4-device package anyway, and another post here noted the poster couldn't get that package for himself without also buying for his wife, I'll just get the Deluxe package for now and buy the internet another month.

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Will be calling up Royal as soon as their service desk is open and I'm clear of my morning work calls.

Joe,

Please let us know how this goes for you. I remember one of your earlier posts where your TA contacted Royal about your wife being a non-drinker and they put a note on your account (?). I have a very similar situation. Thanks.

rjac

18 minutes ago, rjac said:

Joe,

Please let us know how this goes for you. I remember one of your earlier posts where your TA contacted Royal about your wife being a non-drinker and they put a note on your account (?). I have a very similar situation. Thanks.

rjac

@JLMoranand @rjac did you see my post from yesterday about getting one for myself but not my husband? Noticed yesterday mine was down to $43/day and jumped on it right away. Agent gave me a hard time and insisted I had to purchase the replenish package for my husband. I had to ask to escalate and speak to a supervisor and quote @twangster's email (about the exemptions) from the blog a few days ago.

53 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

@JLMoranand @rjac did you see my post from yesterday about getting one for myself but not my husband? Noticed yesterday mine was down to $43/day and jumped on it right away. Agent gave me a hard time and insisted I had to purchase the replenish package for my husband. I had to ask to escalate and speak to a supervisor and quote @twangster's email (about the exemptions) from the blog a few days ago.

Sabrina,

Yes I did see your post and I found twangster's e-mail. It will be interesting to hear about JL's experience. Hopefully it will be a good one!:27_sunglasses:

OK, so I called up Royal and my package is all purchased. However, I definitely have to say that my experience mirrored @twangster's.

I got a nice rep on the phone, and I made sure to explain right away that my wife had a note on her reservation that she is unable to drink due to medical reasons; because of that, I was calling to purchase the Deluxe Package for just myself. The rep confirmed he saw the note and put me on hold while he spoke with his supervisor. After he came back on the call, I was told that the "exception" they would make for me was that I could buy the Deluxe Package for myself, but I would also have to buy the Refreshment Package for my wife at the same time.

Now, in my particular case, I was OK with this. My wife actually did want me to get the Refreshment Package for her, since she expects to be getting a fair number of specialty coffees, fresh juices, and bottled waters. I would have preferred to buy her package next month when I was on another new billing cycle, but the cost of the Refreshment Package (after gratuities) is a little over half what the discounted Deluxe Package costs and I felt I could swing the extra on the card this month.

So, it does seem that the standard line you should expect from any CSR at Royal, even after speaking to a supervisor, is that you'll need to buy the Refreshment Package for the person requesting the exception. Maybe for most of you, this will be OK, but if it's not I would definitely make a point of bookmarking Matt's blog post that has the email screen shot. Then when you're on the phone with Royal, have that screen shot ready to read back to them and make them talk with their supervisor again and again until you have the specific purchase you need.

On 10/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, rwilson71 said:

I got 20% of deluxe drink package for Jan 21 on Oasis   .  They offered deluxe and utilmate dining for 66 /day  .  

The combo deal just appeared in mine when I looked, $65 /day for me!  Drink package dropped to $45 / day.  I had already booked ultimate dining for about $24/day, so I cxled that and booked the combo.  I'm netting a $14 / day savings (times two people, times seven days = almost 200 bucks!)

Hooray!

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

The Sip 'N Stream package is also discounted, but the internet part is only discounted by a dollar a day. Given that I need to buy a 4-device package anyway, and another post here noted the poster couldn't get that package for himself without also buying for his wife, I'll just get the Deluxe package for now and buy the internet another month.

Yeah, I had the same result.  Internet was only a dollar cheaper in the drink bundle.  I was better off getting the Deluxe Drinks + Ultimate Dining by about $4.  I'm only doing a single device Internet package.  How come you're going w/ the 4 device package?

20 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

How come you're going w/ the 4 device package?

I'm traveling with my family, and all four of us will be using our smartphones to keep in touch via iMessage and/or Snapchat as we wander around the ship. I'll probably also be checking in here to (semi-) liveblog the trip, maybe try a Periscope or two. And my two daughters will almost certainly be doing a fair bit of Snapchatting / Instagramming, as well as taking a ton of regular photos and video recordings of what they're seeing and doing on on the ship that they'll probably share with their friends via YouTube.

29 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm traveling with my family, and all four of us will be using our smartphones to keep in touch via iMessage and/or Snapchat as we wander around the ship. I'll probably also be checking in here to (semi-) liveblog the trip, maybe try a Periscope or two. And my two daughters will almost certainly be doing a fair bit of Snapchatting / Instagramming, as well as taking a ton of regular photos and video recordings of what they're seeing and doing on on the ship that they'll probably share with their friends via YouTube.

Ah, I was going to suggest getting a smaller package and taking turns with who's logged in at one time, but that makes sense if the gang is going off to do their own exploring.  My other half and I are just getting one device so we can keep in contact with family ashore.  Communicating between each other aboard adds a wrinkle.

I wish they'd offer a free/cheap option to allow messaging between passengers on the ship without having to buy a full Internet package.

10 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

I wish they'd offer a free/cheap option to allow messaging between passengers on the ship without having to buy a full Internet package.

Well, we could have gone with plain old text messaging and probably ended up paying less than the cost of one internet package. But my wife and kids are all on TracFone for their cellular service, and because they're an MVNO instead of a true carrier, there's no option for texting outside the country. Their phones / SIM cards just flat-out don't support it, the last I checked.