Drink Cards

mickjacket

Also spotted more commonly of late is the draft beer card.

Grandeur early September 2017:

Drink card $79 plus 18% gratuity, 1st appeared on day 3 of 9 day cruise.  Like the drink package there is a $12 cap to drinks included, more expensive drinks and you are charged the difference.  Oasis class have a $13 cap.

Draft beer card $49 plus 18% gratuity, 1st appeared on day 5 of 9 day cruise.

Drinks cards.JPG

Gotta keep an eye out for these cards on our next cruise (November! WOOHOO!)  We don't drink enough to make use of a drink package.  20 years ago? Oh yeah... Now I am good for a few beers on a good day, and if it's a port day, then maybe 1 or 2.  I would love to be able to buy a single day Drink package, for the one sea day that we decide to "tie one on"  But I guess that's what the drink cards are for! :D

The only problem is that now I need to bring my wallet for my card collection... Coffee card, Beer card, Drink card...

2 hours ago, rjac said:

Here's another one about being a "senior citizen"....I may be old, but I saw the really cool bands!:27_sunglasses:

I have that as a button!  Of course once I had someone spot it and exclaim "Really?  You got to see xxxx, yyy, and zzzz?"  (three groups I never heard of!).  I had to explain what Fleetwood Mac, Moody Blues, Pink Floydd and others were!

9 minutes ago, jce2 said:

I have that as a button!  Of course once I had someone spot it and exclaim "Really?  You got to see xxxx, yyy, and zzzz?"  (three groups I never heard of!).  I had to explain what Fleetwood Mac, Moody Blues, Pink Floydd and others were!

I get to explain what Woodstock was and what it was like! :27_sunglasses:

4 hours ago, jce2 said:

OMG!  Writing that I just had a vision.... Could yo imagine being out in the middle of the ocean at night....the captain dims all the non-emergency lights and then blasts the Pink Floyd dark side of the Moon album?  Epic!!

The expression back then was "far out, man":27_sunglasses: