When will we know where we are going?

MWood

My husband and I are going on the Allure of the seas the week of November 11th. They had changed out one of our ports before the hurricanes, but now all the ports we were scheduled to go to have been hit except for Nassau. Just wished Royal Caribbean would please tell us all what ports to expect and our other options. I was upset with the first change to take us to San Juan. We have been there and did not like it, so I'm assuming we aren't gonna have to go there now either. 

With the damage to the ports being so recent, in fairness to RCI I don't think they know yet what ports you will be visiting. If the existing ones are reopened then great, if they aren't then RCI will have to substitute alternate ports. With your cruise being almost 2 months out it's hard to know which ports will have reopened by then.

32 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I am guessing there isn't much to see or do at a lot of these places now even if they did take you there to be honest.

Not right now, but a lot can be rebuilt in 2 months.  They need to focus on getting critical infrastructure back up and running and saving lives right now.  But once the absolute essentials are back, it's also extremely important to get the residents' livelihoods back up and running too.  Tourism is a big part of the economies on these islands, so getting the cruise ships back in are a high priority.

I understand all of this because we have had our ports change before. We are plantinum members so we understand sometimes ports are changed but St Martin, San Juan, and Nassau was before the hurricanes. None of these places are going to recover in a little over 8 weeks is all i know. And would like the opportunity to at least cancel if needed due to not wanting to return to some ports is all. The longer they wait to decide the more money we lose.

7 hours ago, MWood said:

My husband and I are going on the Allure of the seas the week of November 11th. They had changed out one of our ports before the hurricanes, but now all the ports we were scheduled to go to have been hit except for Nassau. Just wished Royal Caribbean would please tell us all what ports to expect and our other options. I was upset with the first change to take us to San Juan. We have been there and did not like it, so I'm assuming we aren't gonna have to go there now either. 

My guess is that they won't update your itinerary until a couple of weeks out. In all likelihood, they're waiting for updates from the various ports that have been affected by the hurricanes. Also, with so many ships in the Caribbean to be rerouted because of the number of closed ports, I'm guessing that it is going to take some time for all of the cruise lines to work out new itineraries for the dozens of ships that sail the Caribbean every week.