Buyer Beware no refund for canceled cruise credit only.

djbobbydeese

Just the facts:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/CTC_Not_For_BR.pdf

To be clear, you can argue what is and isn't fair all you wish.  But if you want to preface something with "just the facts" then the fact is this is the document you agreed to abide by.  Fairness is subjective, not factual.

13 hours ago, djbobbydeese said:

Just the facts

ROYAL CARRIBEAN CHANGE UP.png

Hey dj.  I wanted to respond to your post.  I know I did earlier in the week.  I know you know that RCCL is doing the best they can with a terrible situation.  Nobody can help the fact that 3 terrible storms, 2 of which hit the same area, have wreaked havoc on the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, and SW Atlantic Ocean in the past 3 weeks.  It seems the major cruise lines that serve these areas have really stepped up to help save lives and to do the best they can for their passengers. If it were me, I'd be bummed too.  I've had one vacation rescheduled by a hurricane, and the replacement turned out to be one of the best trips of my life.  I hope you can work out to take full advantage of the discounted cruise they've offered.

1 hour ago, RCVoyager said:

Hey dj.  I wanted to respond to your post.  I know I did earlier in the week.  I know you know that RCCL is doing the best they can with a terrible situation.  Nobody can help the fact that 3 terrible storms, 2 of which hit the same are, have wreaked havoc on the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, and SW Atlantic Ocean in the past 3 weeks.  It seems the major cruise lines that serve these areas have really stepped up to help save lives and to do the best they can for their passengers. If it were me, I'd be bummed too.  I've had one vacation rescheduled by a hurricane, and the replacement turned out to be one of the best trips of my life.  I hope you can work out to take full advantage of the discounted cruise they've offered.

I will never know about the discounted cruise, it to Leaves from San Juan in 5 days.  The problem is you can't get there.  but you are right they have done the best they could. 

11 minutes ago, djbobbydeese said:

I will never know about the discounted cruise, it to Leaves from San Juan in 5 days.  The problem is you can't get there.  but you are right they have done the best they could. 

I heard on TV this morning that American Airlines has resumed flights to San Juan and that the others should be following soon after.

5 hours ago, NS8VN said:

Just the facts:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/CTC_Not_For_BR.pdf

To be clear, you can argue what is and isn't fair all you wish.  But if you want to preface something with "just the facts" then the fact is this is the document you agreed to abide by.  Fairness is subjective, not factual.

I am totally familiar with that document, so what it your point? They are legal in what they are doing but as is asked in my post, is it fair?    

Based the attached image, they are offering a cash refund for the shortened itinerary but not a cash refund if you don't show up. The 60% is a refundable onboard credit (meaning you get it back) in addition to 50% credit towards a future cruise. I honestly think that's a pretty good deal overall and much more than they needed to offer especially since the cruise hasn't been canceled.

Would I want to or being willing to sail to Puerto Rico for a 3 day cruise? No! But the cruise line could also only offer the 60%, too, so they're offering more than they are required.

3 hours ago, DocLC said:

Based the attached image, they are offering a cash refund for the shortened itinerary but not a cash refund if you don't show up. The 60% is a refundable onboard credit (meaning you get it back) in addition to 50% credit towards a future cruise. I honestly think that's a pretty good deal overall and much more than they needed to offer especially since the cruise hasn't been canceled.

Would I want to or being willing to sail to Puerto Rico for a 3 day cruise? No! But the cruise line could also only offer the 60%, too, so they're offering more than they are required.

That 3 day cruise starts and ends in San Juan. lets be real here, the island has been wiped out. Making plans to make that cruise is futile and only will lead to another disappointment. Switching gears for a moment, do you actually think that altered cruise is going to even happen out of San Juan?  I have some swamp land left over at a reduced price if you are extra optimistic.  We will be fine. my post was more of a PSA then anything else. 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:44 PM, djbobbydeese said:

That 3 day cruise starts and ends in San Juan. lets be real here, the island has been wiped out. Making plans to make that cruise is futile and only will lead to another disappointment. Switching gears for a moment, do you actually think that altered cruise is going to even happen out of San Juan?  I have some swamp land left over at a reduced price if you are extra optimistic.  We will be fine. my post was more of a PSA then anything else. 

Any update? I know Carnival has cancelled their cruises. Has Royal. Without power to many parts of the island from what I've heard, it seems impossible to embark guests. 

2 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Any update? I know Carnival has cancelled their cruises. Has Royal. Without power to many parts of the island from what I've heard, it seems impossible to embark guests. 

Just saw that they cancelled your sailing with a full refund on the cruise line's update page. You'll also receive a 25% future cruise credit if you rebook within 30 days.