souvenir cup

Mushroom

On a side note, in 2016 I sailed Oasis and the souvenir cup came with the deluxe drink package.  I never used the cup, all of my drinks were from a bar.  

The cup has a chip embedded in the base which is how it works in the self serve soda and flavored water machines.

Recently on Grandeur I opted out of the drink package but brought my 2016 Oasis cup with me.  It worked!  

I guess they don't track the RFID of each cup and which ship a particular cup is distributed onto, as long as one has never been used, it seems to be accepted. 

YMMV

1 hour ago, twangster said:

On a side note, in 2016 I sailed Oasis and the souvenir cup came with the deluxe drink package.  I never used the cup, all of my drinks were from a bar.  

The cup has a chip embedded in the base which is how it works in the self serve soda and flavored water machines.

Recently on Grandeur I opted out of the drink package but brought my 2016 Oasis cup with me.  It worked!  

I guess they don't track the RFID of each cup and which ship a particular cup is distributed onto, as long as one has never been used, it seems to be accepted. 

YMMV

I got 3 or 4 of them still wrapped in plastic in the closet, I may have to try that next time.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:39 PM, DocLC said:

When I used mine the first time, it showed an expiration date, but perhaps this date is coded from first use. 

I think so.  My 2016 virgin Oasis cup when 1st used on Grandeur showed an expiration a few days after the Grandeur cruise ended.  I watched other folks and they had the same expiration date displayed on the freestyle machines.