Anthem Embarkation Day

Koz

Good morning. Let me begin by stating that I'm an early bird. I'd rather be really early than a little late.  We're due to cruise on Anthem in November and we only live an hour from the port (score). It's nice to truly be in control of your arrival and we plan on driving/parking at the garage @ Cape Liberty.  I have just several questions for you:

1) We just registered for Crown and Anchor but do not have any recorded cruises as of yet.  Are we considered to still have any C&A status?

2) Are C &A boarded before "civilians," even when they may have arrived before C&A.

3)  What is the earliest possible time we might expect to board a ship such as Anthem?

4)  We already have the major activities booked, including Northstar, Ifly, all shows and our dining reservations.  I know that guest room areas aren't readily accessible as soon as you get on this ship, but have heard that other places, like a few of the restaurants and pool, are.  I'd like to see if we can knock out some of the other hard to grab activities, like bumper cars, trapeze, etc.  Do activities in that area of the ship tend to open up very early during the boarding process?  I realize that only one activity is taking place in that area at a time.

5)  For our day in Coco Cay, we booked 2 sets of the clamshells with loungers, but I'm interested in upgrading to a daybed.  Day beds are not available online and it says to check onboard. Is this because online inventory is one thing, and onboard inventory is another? My question is whether we should be making a quick visit to guest services upon arrival to see about making the change?

Also, as an extra bonus question- I'm open to any recommendations any of you may have regarding a beach-day in Nassau. No interest in Atlantis, Junkanoo Beach or the nearby Hilton though.  

Thanks so much for your time!

when do you sail I'm on her on the 11th?! I've been on Anthem twice before so know a fair bit about her.

1) We just registered for Crown and Anchor but do not have any recorded cruises as of yet.  Are we considered to still have any C&A status? I would say no but after the cruise you will most probably be gold

2) Are C &A boarded before "civilians," even when they may have arrived before C&A. I believe so yes there are separate lines for each tier of the system starting at pinnacle and suite guests and then filtering down all the way to gold, although sometimes gold is not included ( might be a UK thing)

3)  What is the earliest possible time we might expect to board a ship such as Anthem? I have scheduled it online for 10:30 so around then

4)  We already have the major activities booked, including Northstar, Ifly, all shows and our dining reservations.  I know that guest room areas aren't readily accessible as soon as you get on this ship, but have heard that other places, like a few of the restaurants and pool, are.  I'd like to see if we can knock out some of the other hard to grab activities, like bumper cars, trapeze, etc.  Do activities in that area of the ship tend to open up very early during the boarding process?  I realize that only one activity is taking place in that area at a time. Take a look at this cruise compass that might be of help,https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/sun-2017-03-19-0000 its for banahams which im on but yours may be different. these activates you don't have to book its just arrive and enjoy, but things like bumper caqrs just arrive a little early and im sure you will be fine.

5)  For our day in Coco Cay, we booked 2 sets of the clamshells with loungers, but I'm interested in upgrading to a daybed.  Day beds are not available online and it says to check onboard. Is this because online inventory is one thing, and onboard inventory is another? My question is whether we should be making a quick visit to guest services upon arrival to see about making the change? 100% yes I would

Also, as an extra bonus question- I'm open to any recommendations any of you may have regarding a beach-day in Nassau. No interest in Atlantis, Junkanoo Beach or the nearby Hilton though.  I've never been to Nassau so cant help with this one

16 minutes ago, Koz said:

1) We just registered for Crown and Anchor but do not have any recorded cruises as of yet.  Are we considered to still have any C&A status?

No, but it's one less step after the cruise to worry about.

16 minutes ago, Koz said:

2) Are C &A boarded before "civilians," even when they may have arrived before C&A.

They are, but the earlier you arrive, the earlier you board.  

17 minutes ago, Koz said:

3)  What is the earliest possible time we might expect to board a ship such as Anthem?

Boarding usually begins in the 11:00 hour.  I've seen it start as early as 10:30, but it depends on a variety of factors.  I'd suggest arriving in the 10:00 hour.

17 minutes ago, Koz said:

I'd like to see if we can knock out some of the other hard to grab activities, like bumper cars, trapeze, etc.  Do activities in that area of the ship tend to open up very early during the boarding process?

There aren't advanced reservations for those activities, it's first-come, first-served.  Get there 10-15 mins before the posted start time and you should easily be in first group for any of them.

18 minutes ago, Koz said:

5)  For our day in Coco Cay, we booked 2 sets of the clamshells with loungers, but I'm interested in upgrading to a daybed.  Day beds are not available online and it says to check onboard. Is this because online inventory is one thing, and onboard inventory is another? My question is whether we should be making a quick visit to guest services upon arrival to see about making the change?

"Check onboard" is usually code for "sold out".  You can go to Shore Excursions onboard and inquire. There are often cancellations.  I'd do it early in the cruise.