What to pack for New England Canada

Kate51

as a native new englander I can tell you that I happen to love the weather in October. Days in the 50/60's and nights can have a frost. As a matter of fact parts of Norther New England have already had a bit of a frost. Best suggestion is layers. Depending how active you will be in the ports you may want to have a shirt and a sweatshirt and maybe a fleece with you. That way you can put on or take off what you want.

its supposed to be a warmer than average fall...so you will probably get a little luck this year. Its been really nice so far...supposed to be 95 here tmrw...been around 90 the past few days...not the norm!

Long pants and long sleeves would be standard....but I would bring a pair of shorts and short sleeve shirt just in case you get a real warm day....and throw in a sweatshirt or light jacket for the coolers ones.

generally the mornings will be quite cool...but mid-day can be still quite nice!

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

its supposed to be a warmer than average fall...so you will probably get a little luck this year. Its been really nice so far...supposed to be 95 here tmrw...been around 90 the past few days...not the norm!

Long pants and long sleeves would be standard....but I would bring a pair of shorts and short sleeve shirt just in case you get a real warm day....and throw in a sweatshirt or light jacket for the coolers ones.

generally the mornings will be quite cool...but mid-day can be still quite nice!

We too will be sailing Oct 1st,  out of Boston. We as @monctonguy has suggested, are planning on packing with lots of layers. As also mentioned above, the weather is predicted to be warmer than usual, at least the forecast. Should be quite cool in the mornings and evenings and warm during the day, so layers should be best.

3 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Enjoy all of your comments on subjects. My wife and I are on Adventure next July/August to NE and Canada. What would you recommend for clothing at that time of year? Thanks in advance.

Just got off last week, left Aug 31. First off, bring some type of rain gear. Think Boston and Bar Harbor were the only days it didn't rain in port. To me it was t-shirt and jeans type weather. Only thing wish I brought was some sort of fabric lined jacket, only had a rain one that was just plastic. 

Also, think about what you might do. In St John I really wished for a pair of waterproof boots. Wanted to see a cave and made a misjudgment in water depth. Wasn't fun with a soaked shoe and sock for a hour or so.

2 hours ago, eaglesfaninfl said:

Enjoy all of your comments on subjects. My wife and I are on Adventure next July/August to NE and Canada. What would you recommend for clothing at that time of year? Thanks in advance.

Thanks...glad you like and hope  it helps!

You will be visiting at our warmest time of year....should be quite nice...well normal temps are prob around 85 at that time of year....we had a warm stretch this year with many days in the mid to high 90"s and the evenings down to 75 or so which is quite warm and muggy for us here in the East coast. Of course I am referring to where I live for the temps. You will be visiting places probably like Saint John, Halifax,  which would be probably about 10 degrees cooler as its on the water/coastline.

I would pack similarly for what you would normally wear in Tampa to be honest. While you may want to bring a light sweater or jacket you probably wont need it unless we have abnormally cool weather.