Best stateroom for a family

Hi, I want to book a cruise to celebrate my sisters graduation next year. Wondering what are the best options when you are cruising with a group of four? Should I book two staterooms or are there certain rooms that can accommodate four people? We are thinking of going on Anthem of the Seas or Allure or Symphony of the Seas. Thanks!

Agree with BrianAlt.  You can find single balcony staterooms that can sleep 4 (I think B1, C1, D3, D4 on Oasis class) but having adjoining rooms provides your group with 2 bathrooms, more space and the option to remove the divider on the balcony so that your group has a double width balcony.  If this isn't cost prohibitive, it's the way to go.

There are no downsides to getting two adjoining staterooms, other than cost.  More space, extra bathroom, privacy, etc.  I would choose two interior adjoining staterooms over a balcony stateroom for four.  Obviously if cost isn't so much of an issue then two adjoining balcony staterooms is best.  With the balcony divider opened it will feel like a suite.  

48 minutes ago, rjac said:

I, too, agree with Brian. You will pay less money per person per day on gratuities with connecting balcony staterooms versus a large suite. 

Also agree, depending on relationships, the dividing door is a blessing towards the end of the cruise, been there and have done that, if it weren't for being able to close the door for privacy someone might have ended up thrown off the ship, or someone jumping (I'm joking of course). It was my daughter and Son in law...

18 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Also agree, depending on relationships, the dividing door is a blessing towards the end of the cruise, been there and have done that, if it weren't for being able to close the door for privacy someone might have ended up thrown off the ship, or someone jumping (I'm joking of course). It was my daughter and Son in law...

Son in law.....not so sure I would be joking:3_grin:

One other good reason to get connecting balconies instead of a suite for a group of four is that the suites with two actual bedrooms – if they even exist on the specific ship (they do on all the ships you listed) – are not available to you. Those rooms require at least 5 people to book (although some here have gotten lucky and scored one of these rooms with a smaller party), and they're often booked right on Day One when the itineraries come out. So you will have to settle for a suite with only one bedroom / two twin beds for the first two people, and the other two having to share the sofa bed in the suite.

My teenage girls gave us a "hell, no!" over that idea, so I can't imagine two grown adults would be especially thrilled at the idea. ? ?