Accommodation Fairbanks

EmersonNZ

Hi all

Keryn and I are heading on an Alaska cruise next year which includes a precruise tour out of Fairbanks Alaska. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for hotels in Fairbanks? We will be travelling from New Zealand so we'd like to get in a couple of days before the tour begins just to grab a days sleep and relax a little before our trip begins.

Thank in advance :1_grinning:

We recently did the same tour cruise and stayed at Sophie's Station in Fairbanks.  That is the hotel the tour begins in.  It is not far from the airport and they provide a shuttle.  It is not a 5 star hotel, maybe a 3 + but it was clean, has a restaurant and a bar and there is a food store and a Target-type store within walking distance.  The hotel shuttle also runs on a regular schedule to some of the tourist sites close by.

• 3 weeks later...

A different thought: additional time, moving again, and more money impact this option.  Fly into Anchorage and explore that city as you recover from the long flight.  Plenty of hotels and activities to choose from.  Food - Jen's Restaurant is a must for dinner and breakfast - Snow City Cafe.  Brew - Anchorage Brewing Company,  Midnight Sun Brewing Company or Glacier Brew House.  Also, recommend:  a sticky bun in Talkeetna Roadhouse and in Aleyska, Seven Glaciers Restaurant (reservations? We got a table in the bar..).  

On 10/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, ElizabethDepue said:

If you still need any recommendations I live here in Fairbanks and can give some ideas. :) 

Any recommendations would be truly welcomed. It looks like we are going to have one complete full day before we join the cruise (Though I imagine some of that will involve sleeping:1_grinning: ).   We have booked Sophie's Station but can change it if you have a better option. Ideally, we'd stay the same place the cruise stays but I'm not sure where that is (And it may be many locations I guess)