Ummm, where do i set my Bed Preference?!

guittech

Hey everyone, I am new to Royal Caribbean's site and for the life of me I can't find where I tell them how i want our beds setup.  It currently lists as "Unknown" but I just can't fins where I would set it up?!?!

As in "2 singles, or 1 king bed" Prefences

Last times I set up the cruises myself (Carnival) and this time I am using my Sister In Law's travel Agent.... so maybe it is something that the agent needs to set? I dunno.

I'd LIKE to share a bed with my wife, if possible! 

:D

Thanks for all the info!

35 minutes ago, guittech said:

Hey everyone, I am new to Royal Caribbean's site and for the life of me I can't find where I tell them how i want our beds setup.  It currently lists as "Unknown" but I just can't fins where I would set it up?!?!

As in "2 singles, or 1 king bed" Prefences

Last times I set up the cruises myself (Carnival) and this time I am using my Sister In Law's travel Agent.... so maybe it is something that the agent needs to set? I dunno.

I'd LIKE to share a bed with my wife, if possible! 

:D

Thanks for all the info!

If your bed arrangement isn't to your satisfaction when you get to your cabin, just let your cabin attendant know and presto...he/she will make it happen before you retire for the night. :27_sunglasses:

I have had the same experience of when it does show up under preferences and when it doesn't. Like RJAC said your stateroom attendant can change it to whatever you need on the first day with no issue. Personally I have found that more often than not it comes set up as a single bed as opposed to separate beds.

Thanks for the info!  I realize I can change arrangements once i arrive, but I am a planner/researcher, and like to try and have all the T's crossed and I's dotted before I arrive.  Silly as it sounds, not knowing what restaurant I am assigned for the BOGO dinner plan is KILLING ME!

1 hour ago, guittech said:

Thanks for the info!  I realize I can change arrangements once i arrive, but I am a planner/researcher, and like to try and have all the T's crossed and I's dotted before I arrive.  Silly as it sounds, not knowing what restaurant I am assigned for the BOGO dinner plan is KILLING ME!

I know the feeling!!!!! 

6 hours ago, guittech said:

Guittech,

This is a CRUISE. Don't, or try not to,  get too spun up on planning/researching, etc. If there is something once on board you are not happy with, there are RC folks you can talk to about rectifying the situation. Dinner plan can also be changed once on board. Relax and HAVE FUN.:3_grin:

7 hours ago, guittech said:

I feel your pain! :2_grimacing:

53 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

Maybe they'll have a hammock option someday as a bedding/sleeping option, like in some movies.  Maybe for the studio rooms it would take up less space.  Would any of you try it?  I don't think I would.

I think a murphy bed would be a perfect solution to the small living space in a cabin.

11 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

I totally had to look up murphy bed.  I agree, if they could engineer it to make it work.  Some of the rooms have "bunk beds" that might be considered a murphy of sorts.

They are basically the same sort of thing, but aren't suspended from the wall. I think they would work great.

19 hours ago, rjac said:

Guittech,

This is a CRUISE. Don't, or try not to,  get too spun up on planning/researching, etc. If there is something once on board you are not happy with, there are RC folks you can talk to about rectifying the situation. Dinner plan can also be changed once on board. Relax and HAVE FUN.:3_grin:

Yeah, Once I am ONBOARD, I am all good... Being a socially awkward and shy person, I am very uncomfortable voicing displeasure with anything, even though I know they will always do their best to make it right.  I also dislike any surprises, so I research the heck out of stuff ahead of time, so once I am on board, I am knowledgeable about the things I want to see and do, and I can just chill.

4 hours ago, guittech said:

Yeah, Once I am ONBOARD, I am all good... Being a socially awkward and shy person, I am very uncomfortable voicing displeasure with anything, even though I know they will always do their best to make it right.  I also dislike any surprises, so I research the heck out of stuff ahead of time, so once I am on board, I am knowledgeable about the things I want to see and do, and I can just chill.

Even if you set your preferences on the web page, your cabin steward may still ask when he see's you in your room. Don't worry about voicing your displeasure, they make their Gratuity by making you happy, so let them make you happy. Because I'm an over planner as well, but they still always ask me.

There is always a sturdy W.W. 2 army cot. It folds up for easy storage and gives you more room space.  In lay mans terms don"t sweat the small stuff.  Beds can be re arranged in a heart beat. And as far as the BOGO dinners go straight to the main dining room and get that squared away upon arriving. And arrive early so as to be one of the first to see your BOGO reservation and make any changes. And check out your main dining room table if your not happy with size or location.  In fact upon checking in make sure your bed preference is correct.    Lastly enjoy the cruise and I hate this line but don"t worry be happy.  Don"t stress the small stuff. Life is to short.