Alaska here we come

whitsmom

I have booked our Flight into Vancouver for the day before using Delta Skymiles so I only have to paid a total of $11.60 for the both of us to fly.  So I am really happy about that.  I decided to book Go Shuttle from the airport to our hotel with a private vehicle.  We decided on the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown.  We got a good rate with our points and it is a 7 minute walk to the cruise port.  Not sure if we will walk it or take a taxi but I like having that option to choose from.  Now I need to look and see what we can do/see in Vancouver as we land at 10:30 am.  I haven't booked our return flight yet as it is out of Anchorage and I am trying to decide what will work best for us time wise.

Have a great cruise!  We were in Vancouver last weekend while our home was being visited by Harvey.  One of the things we like to do there is take the "Hop-on-Hop-off" bus.  It takes about 2.5 hours to do the whole route.  Granville Island is a neat place to go.  So is Stanley Park. We like to just walk around too.  There seems to be a Starbucks on every block and many have outdoor seating so you can people watch.

Just now, islandgrandma said:

Have a great cruise!  We were in Vancouver last weekend while our home was being visited by Harvey.  One of the things we like to do there is take the "Hop-on-Hop-off" bus.  It takes about 2.5 hours to do the whole route.  Granville Island is a neat place to go.  So is Stanley Park. We like to just walk around too.  There seems to be a Starbucks on every block and many have outdoor seating so you can people watch.

I like the idea of the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus and I will check Granville Island also.  I don't want to waste a single minute while we are there.  Any good places to eat?

2 minutes ago, islandgrandma said:

Have a great cruise!  We were in Vancouver last weekend while our home was being visited by Harvey.  

I hope your home was missed by Harvey!  I have a good friend that lives in Houston (San Leon Area) and they have water all around them but not up to their house but roads to get out were under water.  I can't even imagine what everyone is going thru right now and for the weeks and months to come.

1 minute ago, whitsmom said:

I hope your home was missed by Harvey!  I have a good friend that lives in Houston (San Leon Area) and they have water all around them but not up to their house but roads to get out were under water.  I can't even imagine what everyone is going thru right now and for the weeks and months to come.

Thanks.  We were lucky because we live on the Island off Corpus Christi and our area had minor damage.  Port Aransas, just 13 miles up the road on the adjoining island, was severely damaged.  We are saying prayers of thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a reverse cruise ANC to YVR in June.  Also used Skymiles, booked each leg as a one-way, which for some reason came out fewer miles than booking it as a multi-city.  Go figure.  Not sure if you have looked into getting from Seward to Anchorage, but the Alaskan railway was a phenomenal experience. It sells out months in advance so research and book well before you sail.