Rough Seas!!

HI All, for those of you leaving this weekend, from NYC or Baltimore, hoping the seas calm down.  Friends aboard the Oceania Insignia have been emailing me the last half hour, 40MPH winds and 25 ft swells on their way back from Bermuda to NYC.  I think someone posted earlier they could still be rough this coming Labor Day weekend, but I'm hoping not for those of you heading out!    

12 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

HI All, for those of you leaving this weekend, from NYC or Baltimore, hoping the seas calm down.  Friends aboard the Oceania Insignia have been emailing me the last half hour, 40MPH winds and 25 ft swells on their way back from Bermuda to NYC.  I think someone posted earlier they could still be rough this coming Labor Day weekend, but I'm hoping not for those of you heading out!    

If you start feeling queasy. find the horizon and keep your eyes on it .. tends to level that inner gyroscope.   Good luck all ... pops

The only time I've ever been sea sick (I grew up on the water) was leaving from Cape Liberty. While I didn't enjoy the sea sick parts- I remember trying to walk in the hallway after a few cocktails and a lot of laughter. The rocking to sleep was kinda nice, too.

Wishing everyone smooth sailing.

13 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

Not that I wish rough seas on anyone,  but personally I find it rather fun.

Worst I experienced was on a Princess ship on the Mexican Riviera cruise.  2/3 of the passengers were sick AND half the crew!

We had a bad one in 1997 on a repo from San Juan to NYC.  The seas from SJ to Bermuda were so bad they put out bowls of Dramamine for people to take as they wanted.  Most of the passengers were sick, many crew sick too...it was horrible.   I was pregnant so of course I couldn't take anything!  We met a nice couple in Bermuda who told us about these wonderful pressure point bands you wear on your wrist that were in the ship store.  We bought two sets when we got back on later that day and wore them the rest of the trip to NYC.  We were very surprised they were not sold out!  20 years later, I still have them and they've gone on every cruise since.