sail away day!!

ang73

Today's the day! Headed to port canaveral now! Just wanted to say thanks to Matt for all of the information on the podcasts and website and to everyone who answered questions for me here on the message board. Its good to feel prepared!!

Today's the day! Headed to port canaveral now! Just wanted to say thanks to Matt for all of the information on the podcasts and website and to everyone who answered questions for me here on the message board. Its good to feel prepared!!

ENJOY!

Cant wait to sail away from Port Canaveral in 12 days!!

I heard that you can't arrive/check in prior to 11am now at this port? Anyone able to comfirm this?

I was told this by a private limo company I was going to hire for my commute from Orlando to the port.

In the past I am pretty sure I have been there between 10-1030ish as i like to be on the ship asap!!

Sorry guys this is true
Limo/towncar companies are not allowed to bring passengers inside the

gates of the terminal until 11am HOWEVER they can drop you outside the fence and

you can walk up to the ship. BUT I have been held at the fence as well before 11am.

Rule of the Port Authority here in Canaveral to avoid congestion with those coming

off the ship.

Sorry guys this is true

Limo/towncar companies are not allowed to bring passengers inside the

gates of the terminal until 11am HOWEVER they can drop you outside the fence and

you can walk up to the ship. BUT I have been held at the fence as well before 11am.

Rule of the Port Authority here in Canaveral to avoid congestion with those coming

off the ship.

Ah, that sounds like it's a limo/taxi rule about drop offs, not a rule that you cannot go to the terminal after 10am

Thanks everyone!  I've finally recovered from the long 16 hour drive home and wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time!!  Royal Caribbean far exceeded any expectations I had!!  The service was amazing!  We had the best waiter and assistant waiter I've ever had on any cruise!  The kids loved adventure ocean and the teen clubs.  All three kids said they preferred this RC cruise over our Disney cruises.

Our first Royal Caribbean cruise was definitely not our last! 

Great to hear you had such a great time!! And interesting to hear your kids preferred it over Disney!!

Thanks everyone!  I've finally recovered from the long 16 hour drive home and wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time!!  Royal Caribbean far exceeded any expectations I had!!  The service was amazing!  We had the best waiter and assistant waiter I've ever had on any cruise!  The kids loved adventure ocean and the teen clubs.  All three kids said they preferred this RC cruise over our Disney cruises.

Wonderful to hear! Now the question is when is your next cruise :D