Anthem of the Seas, LIVEish: August 31, 2017

CGTLH

Thinking a lot about post cruise. Live in Tallahassee, north part of Florida in the panhandle. Right now plans have been to fly to Orlando from Newark on Saturday.

As I'm sure everyone is aware, flying to Orlando is a very big risk at this time. Not only that sure the way back home has turned into a parking lot.

Hope that the Orlando flights get canned and can fly back to Atlanta. Thank god for cheap one way rentals.

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

It's no longer a New Jersey brewery (they relocated to PA), but I'd love if they started serving the various offerings from River Horse on Anthem. Their Trippel Horse, Summer Blonde, Chocolate Stout, and others are all fantastic!

Know them well.  Their beers are good, but I honestly know some that are better.

11 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Hope that the Orlando flights get canned and can fly back to Atlanta.

Last night's news broadcast said that now Irma is starting to look like it will hit Georgia as well as Florida. Savannah and other coastal areas the obvious risks, but heard that even Atlanta could get hit. Fingers crossed for you!

48 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Know them well.  Their beers are good, but I honestly know some that are better.

Please enlighten me! I've really developed a liking for the craft beers over the last year or two, and if there's good local stuff to be had I'd love to try it.

I'm actually going to the Big Brew Beer Fest in Morristown next month with my brother, so if any of those local brews are on offer there, I'll be sure to check them out!

Know I haven't done the usual postings as the previous reviews. Also know I somewhat neglected doing any scopes.

I had a great time, some minor issues. Also some areas that could use improvement. One of the top ones would be getting an outline of what is included and what, if any, limitations exist or cause a flag to be raised. I used Izumi a bit for to go orders. Today, when placing the order the host at the podium had stepped aside to make a call. Hunch was correct, it was to our Genie.

Also wound up getting charged at La Patisserie for pastries. First one wasn't, others were.

Been back home hunkering down for Irma. Original flight plans from EWR to MCO were scratched when in Halifax. That morning an email was sent informing us that our flight had been canceled. Only offering at the time was to fly back to MCO at a later date. Contacted our insurance provider for guidance. For the most part what we got from them was submit a claim and hope for the best. Next day, the trigger was pulled to buy tickets for a flight EWR-ATL-TLH to get back home a head of the storm.

Last night did a supply run getting greated by empty shelves of anything useful.

This morning had better luck in finding some needed items.

This hasn't been the best way I've ended a cruise. Just glad to be home to mitigate any possible damage.

12 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

how much was this?!

Menu price is $12.50.

Wished I remembered to take pictures of it. But the burger from Jonhnny Rocket was also very good for $2.50, killer with the extra patty bringing it up to $4 (note they use 1/3 pound patties). But those fries on the burger from Michael's are awsome. Think you can just order those fries for $5.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:57 AM, tiny260 said:

Great Live'ish update during the whole cruise. Glad you are home, hopefully everything works out.

Very lucky, lost power yesterday for just five hours. Other than that, nothing major.

Know it could have been a lot worse if the storm had stayed further west and went along the coast.