Anthem of the Seas, LIVEish: August 31, 2017

CGTLH

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's an impressive spread!

I was impressed, only disappointment was not being able to get anything delivered from the speciality venues.

If I'm recalling the reason was the time wouldn't permit it. The order has to be in place 2 or 3 hours in advance.

Haven't really done too much today. Meet and Mingle in the morning, Genie chat just before lunch, prep for the Cabin Crawl/Open House. Then came the Cabin Crawl, few afterwards stuck around and had a nice chat, post Crawl clean up.
Major activities of the day were RipCord by iFly at 5pm, followed by The Gift at 6:15, then finally dinner at Jamie's. On a side note, ordered an upcharge drink at dessert and wasn't charged the difference. Total bill was zero.

RipCord by iFly was great, just made with the weight rule due to height (made it to the 6 foot mark by a hair). Would love for the chance to do it again either on the ship or on land. That minute felt both long and short. Just need to remember two key requirements, relax and chin up.

I thought The Gift was interesting. It is a show that you need too see from start to end. I think the last bit wraps up the entire story line.

Food at Jamie's had both hits and a miss, with the only miss really being the "Fresh Seasonal Greens". This case the greens were broccolini, could have used some salt and pepper. Other miss was the espresso martini, bit watered down. My feeling was the espresso was never allowed to cool before being added to the ice for shaking. I thought the lamb and burger were a hit. Sauce used on the lamb didn't make me think I was eating toothpaste. Another warning is the planks are olive happy and many of the olives have pits. Also, if you like picked jalapenos be sure to try the peppers on the plank.

Sorry, no Windjammer recon tonight, darn hours.

Not sure yet about any other plans for the night, maybe check to see if the Bionic Bar is still closed for maintenance, was after the Meet and Mingle. Will be in Boston at 7am, not sure when I'll get off. One thing that was being stressed was to use Uber/Lyft or other ride share program versus using the shuttle for $20 a person to downtown.

WJ recon done early tonight
Pie night again for dessert. Taste if the East Coast for mains. Some items included crab cakes, bacon wrapped meatloaf, and seafood stewm
Also has shrimp, scallops, and mussels else where in WJ.
ff156d7123abf3f3162d9c3274cd8059.jpge9f7e6dcf25c9bb32ab6c3fba0d31fb5.jpg6892f9b423dfd2934fb437498e180636.jpg7e8a0f407a9c2e47c45f3148975f0105.jpg

Forgot to get a picture of the CK menu.

Just now, CGTLH said:

I would have thought they might have picked up some local brews. Along the lines of what they do in Alaska.

The Storm King is localish.  DFH also.  And Brooklyn.  But NJ has a bunch of great up and coming breweries.  It depends on who they are using for distribution.  And they probably want to be a little bit mainstream and stick with the "large" craft brewers.

On 9/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, BrianAlt said:

The Storm King is localish.  DFH also.  And Brooklyn.  But NJ has a bunch of great up and coming breweries.  It depends on who they are using for distribution.  And they probably want to be a little bit mainstream and stick with the "large" craft brewers.

It's no longer a New Jersey brewery (they relocated to PA), but I'd love if they started serving the various offerings from River Horse on Anthem. Their Trippel Horse, Summer Blonde, Chocolate Stout, and others are all fantastic!

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Is that Suite Sun Deck open to passengers in Junior Suites, or full suites only? Be good to know for the Bermuda trip on Anthem next year. And it would be nice to have some kind of "perk" besides "just" the double points and access to CK for dinner!

Sorry, think it is only for Sky, Star, and Pinnacle.

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Nice photos, but, where is everyone? Still eating?:27_sunglasses:

Well think I was the only crazy one to wonder around the Suite Sun deck. For lunch, picked up as I was leaving.

Only other guess, from experience, everyone is trying to get a deal on the Esplanade.