Anthem of the Seas, LIVEish: August 31, 2017

CGTLH

Guess what folks! I'm back again ready to provide another quality LIVEish.

This time around I'll be on the Anthem of the Seas. This will be my first time on a Quantum class ship.

For those that want to get an idea of what I'll be posting look back at my last journey on board Harmony of the Seas back in May of 2017.

Also, keep an eye on Twitter/Periscope for any material not posted here.
Twitter/Periscope: @CGTLH

For those that made it this far, I'll be reaching for the "Star"s on this voyage.

Onboard information

August 31, 2017: Canada and New England, 9 nights.
Cape Liberty, Cruising, Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, Saint John, Cruising, Halifax, Cruising, and back to Cape Liberty.

Unless the silent last minute upgrade fairy strikes I'm in a GLS Grand Loft Suite.

Also, just want to make one request for any replies.

PLEASE if your are replying to a post with a bunch of pictures (say more than two) don't include them.
I primarily use a mobile device so it helps on the scrolling, also helps out others trying to follow along as well.

Finally, keep in mind again I'm on a mobile device. So pardon any auto correct and errors in general.

Other than that thank you for following along. Currently I'm on the road heading to Orlando for the flight to Newark.

For anyone wondering about the Genie emails.

Welcome email was sent at the 13 day mark (8/18). Was sent to all parties on the reservation.

Loop email was sent at the 10 day mark (8/21). Was only sent to the primary reservation holder.

No email yet with drop off instructions, other than the basic ones in the welcome email.

No email from the concierge team.

Well almost didn't make it on board, why?
ca376abd8279164ca7eb0645d44faa34.jpg

At port security they saw that guy. Pulled it out and waited for it to be held until the end of the cruise. Well they were short staffed and I got impatient told them to toss it and well tossed it towards the belt. 

Got called back and was chastised and given a warning that it could have been implied as assault on an officer. 

So yeah, fun start. However, David has made up for it so far.

Awesome suite you've got there! What did you mean by, "Just had to open the firedoor from the elevator lobby"? Was that some kind of back entrance way to get to your room, not normally allowable to passengers? Is that why you initially got a raised eyebrow from the crew?

5 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Awesome suite you've got there! What did you mean by, "Just had to open the firedoor from the elevator lobby"? Was that some kind of back entrance way to get to your room, not normally allowable to passengers? Is that why you initially got a raised eyebrow from the crew?

No, while the rooms are being changed over they close the doors between the hallway and elevator lobby. They aren't locked just closed with signs saying to wait.

6 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

No, while the rooms are being changed over they close the doors between the hallway and elevator lobby. They aren't locked just closed with signs saying to wait.

And you still got to go in to your room before it was ready, just by saying "Star Class"? Wow! It's good to be the king! :8_laughing:

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Where was your  Genie ?  You should not have needed to declare "Star Class".  The Genie should have accompanied you to your suite and taken care of that for you.

Very surprised to hear that you had to go through the "no-go zone" on your own.

We got to the port around 10:30 - 10:40. He did bring us on board. After doing an initial briefing he took us up to Costal Kitchen. We got done in CK at 12:30 and left.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did anyone try the filet at the CK ?  I have heard mixed reviews.  Somehow I never manage to get to the CK on the first night.

Both people that ordered it thought it was chewy. One thought the outside wasn't good, other thought the inside wasn't good.

My issue was with the pork belly, top was very hard. Couldn't cut it with a knife. Should have learned from previous experiences in CK on other ships.