Formal Nights/Theme Nights

ZK121016

The theme nights are usually for parties, not the main dining room and are completely optional. Every cruise I've been on there's been a '70s night. Sometimes there are others (e.g., White Night), but it really varies. Take a look here (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass) at some Cruise Compasses (programs) that have been posted for your ship.

7 night cruises have 2 formal nights, 3-6 nights usually have 1 formal night.  I think every ship i've been on had a 70's night.  I usually dress up but most people dont.  I usually wear a 70's outfit with an afro wig.  Its a fun time. One time we were late to the party and my wife and i were in our out fits dancing up the promenade and it was packed with people,  They all thought we were part of the show and made an opening right to the front.    The white party if they have it,  most people wear all white sometimes i've seen it in the solarium and people swim while the DJ plays music.   Some ships have an 80's party and people dressed up with neon colors and billy idol or michael jackson type outfits.  Its all totally optional but we enjoy it.

3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Formal night are what you make of them, you don't have to wear a tux if you don't want to, I prefer a coat and tie and my wife always wears a nice dress, some really dressy, some not, but always a dress, other nights I always wear slacks and a nice shirt.

Same here.:27_sunglasses:

I used to pack a suit. Now I only pack a blazer with a couple of shirts and ties.  Don"t be disappointed as there will be those who don"t dress up at all for formal dinners. I enjoy getting dressed up as society has gotten so lax that now at  church and funerals and date night at a nice restaurant you see less folks dressing up.  Also we try to hit most of the photographers  so as to have a variety of pictures to choose from.  We have gotten some great pictures over the years cruising.

• 1 year later...