What is NEEDED in CocoCay? (Passport?)

guittech

Hi Everyone, another Question!  Last time we cruised (with Carnival) and went to a private Island, it was nice and all, but we were told we NEEDED our passports etc, (Non US Citizens) But once ashore we didn't really need anything but out Sea Card.   I know Sunblock, a hat etc. is ideal, but just would prefer not bringing my passport unless it's necessary.

1 hour ago, guittech said:

Yeah, that's what i figured.  Carnival on HMC recommended having passport while ashore, but I can't image needing it there.

Theoretically, I suppose one should always have their passport with them when travelling ashore primarily in case you are left behind and need to make your own arrangements home. However, this would be hard to do and nearly impossible from one of the private islands and I've never read of anyone being left behind outside of the ship needing to leave early because of a storm (only once that I know of) and then returned.