Liberty of the Seas from Galveston Aug 20-27

Kansas Cruiser

Liberty of the Seas August 20-27

In an attempt to contribute to the website that helped me so much in preparing for our first cruise in over a decade, I would to offer a review of our cruise this week.  Hubby is on a fishing excursion this morning in Cozumel and I stayed on board to relax, document some memories and keep an eye on the news regarding Hurricane Harvey.

I will divide my comments into these sections: 

We are very happy with .........
Happy we were prepared regarding ........
The pleasant surprises we encountered......
There were a few disappointments............

image.jpeg

We are very happy with .........

Our decision to spend the extra money on the Junior Suite Stateroom.  Our original intent was to try a Balcony stateroom.  After a closer look we decided to spend the extra money on the Junior Suite.  It was around $800 more total and it was the best "extra" money we spent on this cruise. We booked only 5 weeks prior to the cruise so I have no idea if this is the norm or if this was a clearance sale.  Regardless, the extra space and expedited boarding process was so worth it.Our stateroom was port side and in Roatan and Costa Maya we had view of the port which was nice.  
Picture of suite below

The Behind the Scenes tour overall was fantastic!  There were a few boring segments and I do feel it is overpriced, but the view from the bridge and the information learned in the control room made up for it (at least for these two nerds).  It was also interesting learning where the crew lived and played and that they have their own gym and disco! ( we only walked the first deck corridor but saw maps of where everything crew-related is located).

Picture of voyage stat sheet and ship directory including crew areas blow

Our favorite spot was the very front of the ship on deck 5.   It is almost spiritual as you stand there viewing the vast waters in front of you and feel the strength of the wind as it whips by. 

Picture of ship front below

The Solarium pool is a sanctuary!  Kid free and lots of shade made hubby happy and the bar tender served him while we were in the pool. The photographer was even there on day 2 and captured a great picture of us together in the pool. 

The All Inclusive Digital Photo Package. I remember the package was offered at around $249 in the Cruise Planner, but thanks to a post I read on this site I knew it might be the one thing that was cheaper on board. Sure enough the price dropped to $196 up until day 3.  For a couple who don't get many photo ops of them together, we had a lot of fun seeking out all the booths. We will have around 150 pictures of us by the end and it takes that many for us to get a handful of perfect poses to share.  The BIG SURPRISE was that once we bought the package you can download the images immediately and start sharing with the crew back home while you are still on board. 

So far I have not experienced any sea sickness. ( I am one who gets motion sickness very easily in a car or on a lake.). We have yet to sail home behind Harvey but the Bonine I took on Day 3 of our slightly rocky ride kept things in check!  I have also been taking a daily supplement of Ginger a Root at the insistence of my mother.  

Staff has been great!  Our stateroom attendant was quick to supply an extension cord for my CPAP machine.  (There are no electrical outlets on the headboard side of the bed.). I only had to ask once and fresh ice was in our room twice a day.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg