Booking shows

Hi 

as my name suggests I'm very new to this.

I'm struggling with how you arrange reservations for dining. I have a 5 night speciality package and I understand I will make these when I'm on board but how do I make reservations for other nights? How soon in advance do you know the times for shows etc (to work reservations around) ?

Do you book shows in advance? How? 

Thanks in advance - having many senior moments trying to organise my 1st ever cruise

jacinta

Hello and welcome,

What ship are you sailing on? I understand for Quantum and Oasis class ships you will need to book the Broadway shows but I don't think you have to for any others, we never have anyway.

Depending on how far way your cruise is you may not be able to book any shows yet anyway but any you can book will eventually be on the cruise planner.

Having a look at the cruise compass https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass on this website should give you a good idea of the show times on most ships.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are Brilliance of the seas on September 10th from Barcelona so around 3 weeks out. 

Found  RCI website difficult to navigate and no reply to emails. I'm a compulsive planner so finding the lack of specific info very frustrating?

Couldn't find any compass for Brilliance! 

Thank you for your reply. 1st time on a cruise & cant wait. This is the MOST helpful site I've found

jacinta

As Brilliance of the Seas is a smaller ship the shows will just be walk ups. You shouldn't have any trouble finding seats if you get there a little early.

For your specialty dining I would make your reservations for the nights you want when you get on the ship, as you can always cancel and rebook if there is a show you want to see.

For the other nights did you select My Time Dining or traditional for the Main Dining Room? If you selected MTD, you should make reservations when you get on the ship to make sure you get the time you want. You can always cancel and change if your plans change. Nobody will mind.  If you are doing traditional dining you will have picked a time when you booked, either 5pm or 8pm from memory.

You can always eat any time at the Windjammer if there is a show you want to see as this is much faster than a full dining experience. This is what we tend to do. We normally eat at one of the specialty restaurants or the Windjammer so I don't have much experience of the MDR.

Carl.

Thank you, very helpful. 

I booked the cruise without doing any research so I never knew there was set dining so I don't know what our travel agent put us in for!! I'll check. 

I think I'll book the speciality dining on 1st day and chop/ change when I need to. We won't starve by the sounds of it! Good food would be important to my partner and a holiday highlight. 

I never though there was so much to a cruise - planning is good fun if a little stressful. Know when we get there we'll be fine. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post your reply

On the Brilliance, there's not much you need to plan for. There will be two shows a night, roughly 7 and 9, so you can either go to the early or late show and work your dining around that. Take a look at the Compasses posted to this site to get a general idea of times.