Baltimore Hotels w/cruise and park deals

JRT

We are taking our first cruise out of Baltimore in January. We are planning on driving down the day before from New England. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the cruise port that offers stay and park with shuttling to the port.

Thanks for any help:)

6 hours ago, JRT said:

We are taking our first cruise out of Baltimore in January. We are planning on driving down the day before from New England. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the cruise port that offers stay and park with shuttling to the port.

We have been using buyreservations.com for a few years now. https://buyreservations.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6vyJm_7m1QIVF7bACh2cAwV6EAAYASAAEgIMJfD_BwE

While I'm within driving distance so I don't generally need this service, I know Time (Yorkvillain), has done several and he highly recommends the Best Western on Dorsey Road in Elkridge.  They have a park & cruise option.  I've also heard the same about the Best Western on O'Donnell Street.

22 hours ago, JRT said:

HI JRT, I know the Holiday Inn express has the Stay and Park, I looked at their rates though, they say they give you 8 days free parking, but there rates are quite high (I looked for May Sailing though so maybe in January a little less). they got pretty decent reviews. 

Twice we have stayed at the Best Western Hotel & Conference Center, 5625 O'Donnell St. Baltimore.  Is it new and exciting ?  Nope.  If you want something with atmosphere and surrounding attractions, this is not your place, but if you want something affordable, clean and safe with shuttle service to/from the port and complimentary parking while you are on your cruise, this works.

We are paying $179.99 plus tax for a 2 room "suite" over the Labor Day weekend.  As I said, it includes very reliable shuttle RT service to/from the port and you can leave your car in their parking lot for the duration of your cruise.

While the hotel itself is not in a "happening" part of town, it is very close (driving distance, not walking) to Fells Point, where we like to go and have dinner when we stay there.  There is a complimentary breakfast at the hotel as well.

We have stayed in other "cruise port" hotels in Baltimore but this is the one we have continued to use.

We would like to thank everyone for all the information provided to us. After looking at all the options we have decided to try the Best Western Hotel & Conference Center. The price we got it for was $164.49 per night. This will work well for us because we were not looking for all the bells and whistles seeing it is only 1 night in January which limits outside activities.

Once again, thank you to everyone:)

On 8/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Twice we have stayed at the Best Western Hotel & Conference Center, 5625 O'Donnell St. Baltimore.  Is it new and exciting ?  Nope.  If you want something with atmosphere and surrounding attractions, this is not your place, but if you want something affordable, clean and safe with shuttle service to/from the port and complimentary parking while you are on your cruise, this works.

We are paying $179.99 plus tax for a 2 room "suite" over the Labor Day weekend.  As I said, it includes very reliable shuttle RT service to/from the port and you can leave your car in their parking lot for the duration of your cruise.

While the hotel itself is not in a "happening" part of town, it is very close (driving distance, not walking) to Fells Point, where we like to go and have dinner when we stay there.  There is a complimentary breakfast at the hotel as well.

We have stayed in other "cruise port" hotels in Baltimore but this is the one we have continued to use.

Hi Waaaytooo, Is the parking lot at the Best Western secure and monitored?  Seems like you do this quite often so I think I will follow your lead and book there. Thank you for this information.

Just now, Boston Babe said:

Hi Waaaytooo, Is the parking lot at the Best Western secure and monitored?  Seems like you do this quite often so I think I will follow your lead and book there. Thank you for this information.

BTW, Bon Voyage and safe travels!! Would love to hear about it, I assume you're on Grandeur, I know it's an older ship but it still looks great! 

2 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Glad to help !  That's what these Boards are all about !

Well....I'm not going to claim that there's a security fence around it and a watchman on duty.  It is just an open parking lot immediately adjacent to the hotel so probably no more secure than anywhere else but we've never had any issues.  I wouldn't leave any valuables sitting out in the open anywhere but I feel confident that your car will be fine.

The parking lot is really HUGE and we always park near the building as opposed to out in the lower 40 away from the foot traffic.  I figure the closer we are to the building the less likely someone would mess with the car....but honestly, if I felt like there was a real danger there I wouldn't stay there to begin with.

The real highlight of the stay at this Best Western is (IMO) the shuttle to the ship.  KD Elite is their name.  I'm fairly sure the owners must be Russian as all of the drivers (that I have come into contact with, anyway) appear to have Russian accents.  But they are SO professional.  The buses are really nice, they contact you a couple of times prior to your visit to confirm your transportation and they are parked RIGHT outside the exit of the terminal when you get off the ship to go back to the hotel.  Very easy to spot and convenient.

I do have one funny story but it has nothing at ALL to do with the hotel.  Well, not directly, anyway.  The last time we stayed there I used the same credit card I always use to reserve the room.  So when we got ready to check in, I gave them the credit card to make the payment.  The person checking us in sheepishly said that my credit card had been declined.  I was so embarrassed and knowing that there was a -0- balance on this card I knew that it could not have been a "over limit" issue.  She tried again.  Same response.  Finally Dan used his RCI Visa card and it went through - first time (of course, later, he teased me about planning this in advance so that HE would have to pay for the hotel !!).  When we got up to our room, I called Navy Federal Credit Union (where my credit card was issued) and after a fairly lengthy discussion, found out that the card had been declined because we were in Baltimore and that Baltimore has such a high level of bank card fraud, they just automatically decline the charge unless they are notified ahead of time that the client will be using their card in Baltimore.  WHAT ?????  I certainly am always careful to let the CC company know when I am going to be using my card outside of the US but I never thought that being in BALTIMORE would be like being in a third world country !  Well....maybe...   :51_scream:    So....lesson learned.  When I go there on Sept 1 I will make SURE that the NFCU knows I am going and not to decline my card !  I appreciate banks being extra vigilant on my behalf but I think that was a little excessive.

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Glad to help !  That's what these Boards are all about !

Well....I'm not going to claim that there's a security fence around it and a watchman on duty.  It is just an open parking lot immediately adjacent to the hotel so probably no more secure than anywhere else but we've never had any issues.  I wouldn't leave any valuables sitting out in the open anywhere but I feel confident that your car will be fine.

The parking lot is really HUGE and we always park near the building as opposed to out in the lower 40 away from the foot traffic.  I figure the closer we are to the building the less likely someone would mess with the car....but honestly, if I felt like there was a real danger there I wouldn't stay there to begin with.

The real highlight of the stay at this Best Western is (IMO) the shuttle to the ship.  KD Elite is their name.  I'm fairly sure the owners must be Russian as all of the drivers (that I have come into contact with, anyway) appear to have Russian accents.  But they are SO professional.  The buses are really nice, they contact you a couple of times prior to your visit to confirm your transportation and they are parked RIGHT outside the exit of the terminal when you get off the ship to go back to the hotel.  Very easy to spot and convenient.

I do have one funny story but it has nothing at ALL to do with the hotel.  Well, not directly, anyway.  The last time we stayed there I used the same credit card I always use to reserve the room.  So when we got ready to check in, I gave them the credit card to make the payment.  The person checking us in sheepishly said that my credit card had been declined.  I was so embarrassed and knowing that there was a -0- balance on this card I knew that it could not have been a "over limit" issue.  She tried again.  Same response.  Finally Dan used his RCI Visa card and it went through - first time (of course, later, he teased me about planning this in advance so that HE would have to pay for the hotel !!).  When we got up to our room, I called Navy Federal Credit Union (where my credit card was issued) and after a fairly lengthy discussion, found out that the card had been declined because we were in Baltimore and that Baltimore has such a high level of bank card fraud, they just automatically decline the charge unless they are notified ahead of time that the client will be using their card in Baltimore.  WHAT ?????  I certainly am always careful to let the CC company know when I am going to be using my card outside of the US but I never thought that being in BALTIMORE would be like being in a third world country !  Well....maybe...   :51_scream:    So....lesson learned.  When I go there on Sept 1 I will make SURE that the NFCU knows I am going and not to decline my card !  I appreciate banks being extra vigilant on my behalf but I think that was a little excessive.

OMG, I would have been mortified too! I so far have not had a card declined, but I have't been to Baltimore yet either! LOL That is so funny! Guess Hubby got stuck with the tab after all huh?

I am going to book there, hell, it's just a car and my phone will notify me if it leaves the lot and ends up in downtown Baltimore or even DC or a chop shop!!! LOL I hope you have a wonderful trip, weather is good and the sun is shining! I have to wait till May, but I now have 3 cruises booked so need to get through fall and winter!