RCCL Mid Size Ships?

Hi All, looking for some information, I've been online and it's getting mind boggling. We are booked on the Grandeur for next May, primarily, it's leaving from Baltimore because it's close to us and it's a smaller ship.  We are looking at also March/April 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary, would consider Miami/FLL but it seems all those ships have between 4K-6K (Symphony) passenger capacity. Any suggestions or do we suck it up?? LOL

22 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

If you're thinking that Oasis class ships are crowded, they are not.  At least not any more crowded than any other ships.

Oasis class has been designed with the best passenger flow that I've ever seen on any ship anywhere.  You would never know there are 6k+ passengers on the ship.

Would those be allure, and Anthem?

6 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Hi All, looking for some information, I've been online and it's getting mind boggling. We are booked on the Grandeur for next May, primarily, it's leaving from Baltimore because it's close to us and it's a smaller ship.  We are looking at also March/April 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary, would consider Miami/FLL but it seems all those ships have between 4K-6K (Symphony) passenger capacity. Any suggestions or do we suck it up?? LOL

2 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

Voyager class might be a good next step from Grandeur.

Agreed that Voyager class may be a good next step. We have sailed on Adventure and loved it. Actually sailing on her again in May out of Cape Liberty (of course that won't help you since you're already booked on Grandeur). However, I bring that up because if you are willing to drive to NJ and sail on a larger ship you can take your 25th anniversary cruise on Anthem and save the cost of airfare. Anthem is a beautiful ship (we have sailed on her also). If you have never been to Bermuda or to the Bahamas (or want to go again) here is a link to Anthem sailings out of Cape Liberty in April/May 2019. They don't have June 2019 listed yet, but Anthem also does a 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary. Plus, FYI, the entertainment on Anthem is unbeatable! Enjoy.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?departureCode_BYE=true&dates_minDate=04%2F01%2F2019&dates_maxDate=05%2F31%2F2019

11 hours ago, Skid said:

Agreed that Voyager class may be a good next step. We have sailed on Adventure and loved it. Actually sailing on her again in May out of Cape Liberty (of course that won't help you since you're already booked on Grandeur). However, I bring that up because if you are willing to drive to NJ and sail on a larger ship you can take your 25th anniversary cruise on Anthem and save the cost of airfare. Anthem is a beautiful ship (we have sailed on her also). If you have never been to Bermuda or to the Bahamas (or want to go again) here is a link to Anthem sailings out of Cape Liberty in April/May 2019. They don't have June 2019 listed yet, but Anthem also does a 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary. Plus, FYI, the entertainment on Anthem is unbeatable! Enjoy.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?departureCode_BYE=true&dates_minDate=04%2F01%2F2019&dates_maxDate=05%2F31%2F2019

This is great information! We are going to Bermuda in May on Grandeur, then Sept on Pride so not sure if I need to go back to Bermuda. (I've been there in my past life also! LOL) but the 9 night might be something to look at. Sometimes I just like the cruise experience and not necessarily the port of call too. The drive isn't too bad either about 4 hours for us. Thank you so much Skid!!

18 hours ago, tiny260 said:

This is a little file I put together, the sizes and the refurbish dates are speculative, I filled the information in from many different sources, they are approximations...

Royal Caribbeans_Ship Size.xlsx

Enchantment of the Seas is larger than the rest of her class.  She was cut in half and had a new middle section inserted.

Well after doing much research, I ended up not on RCCL, but on Celebrity from Miami.  I had to weigh everything and right now Celebrity is offer a deal of the century, booked a Sky Suite, got FREE PREMIUM DRINK PACKAGE FOR 2, FREE INTERNET FOR 2, PREPAID GRATUTIES and $300 OBC all for the same price I'm paying for Grand Suite on a 5 day Bermuda Cruise.  It made no sense.  I'm sure for latter part of 2019 back to RCCL and in between as I love them, but couldn't pass this up!